Where to get green wood

johnboe522

Feb 20, 2012
lulworth
Hi could anyone help,

I am after some green wood for carving and wondered where people got it from. I don't want to head to the woods and fell a limb off a tree that's not mine, incase it upsets some one.

Any ideas?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Get your local yellow pages and see the listings for tree surgeons in your area, make yourself known to them and you'll be surprised at the positive response from most of them. Also, find out who contracts for your local council and do the same, I've had some great timber from both these sources; nowdays they call me when they come across anything interesting before they cut and I get to choose the sizes/cuts I want, as long as I don't hold them up.....................when you make a few contacts look after them and show them some of what you make with the wood; give 'em a few spoons or whatever little things you knock up............atb mac

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Get your local yellow pages and see the listings for tree surgeons in your area, make yourself known to them and you'll be surprised at the positive response from most of them. Also, find out who contracts for your local council and do the same, I've had some great timber from both these sources; nowdays they call me when they come across anything interesting before they cut and I get to choose the sizes/cuts I want, as long as I don't hold them up.....................when you make a few contacts look after them and show them some of what you make with the wood; give 'em a few spoons or whatever little things you knock up............atb mac

I had never thought of that as a way to get such a variety of different timbers! Thanks for sharing that as I have a very limited supply of timber and having a contact like that would be fantastic :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE