where can i buy ventile cloth?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 11, 2006
grays,essex
can anybody tell me where I can purchase Ventile from? My friends wife is a dab hand with a sewing machine and thought this might be a good way to keep the cost down . Any help would be much appreciated.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
http://www.profabrics.co.uk/ But it isn't cheap. It may be worth a call to see what the problem is with the seconds quality and see if that would be OK for you.

I've a feeling Toddy had a shop somewhere near her that had some cheap fabric for something...not sure if it was ventile? It might be worth a PM if she doesn't see this.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Tony said:
Good price :beerchug:

Not with the dollar in the sorry state it's in. :(

Tony, I finally have someone making my ventile smock. Thanks again with your help in importing that material. :You_Rock_

shizuku

Oct 2, 2005
Assen, The Netherlands
Early this year i received from Talbot Weaving 4,5 metres Olive green Ventile L24. Including shipping costs to the Netherlands it did cost me a €150 which was cheaper than the above mentioned addresses.

At the moment i'm finishing my cagoule/anorak i'm making. The rest of the fabric will be used for a shirt.

Concerning the use of ventile on a household sewing machine, make sure you use sharp needles (i use jeans needles 90/14 in combination with Barbour 60 thread, a high strenght, uv resistent mono filament which i had lying around).
When putting parts together i never used needles to pin the parts in place, but used paper clips for edges and double sided tape from Prym (Wondertape) for pockets and zippers instead and then sewed it together.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE