where can i buy esbit solid fuel

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
where can i buy esbit solid fuel blocks (preferably in West Midlands area), i can get hexy at loads of places but not esbit which i prefer, an army surplus store in Kidderminster told me last week that esbit was no longer available, is it and where? Thanks.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Thanks Asa Samuel, esbit used to be readily available in lots of shops but is now very difficult to obtain, shame as it's far superior to hexy which can be bought anywhere, i have discovered that apparently now the sole distributor of esbit is http://www.cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=769 so therefore it is obtainable but shops don't stock it, i can't understand why they stock the hexy and not the esbit when hexy is a much inferior product. Topics on esbit/hexy don't seem to draw much of a response on here so maybe not many here use it but should anyone want esbit click on link provided in this reply.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
hiya, try ryder army and navy store in selly oak birmingham, theyre on the web. i had some off them a few months ago.

Hi woodspirits and thanks, i know Ryder's very well, i tried them a good while ago and they hadn't got any esbit and just stock the usual hexamine, can you confirm it was esbit you got from there and not hexy, (esbit is German / hexy is British). Thanks.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi sorry for the delay, just got back from hols, (non tree dwelling!) phoned tw ryder and yes they have esbit in stock 0121 472 1402 their staff are as usual very helpfull, hope this helps

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
hi sorry for the delay, just got back from hols, (non tree dwelling!) phoned tw ryder and yes they have esbit in stock 0121 472 1402 their staff are as usual very helpfull, hope this helps

Hello woodspirits, that's great thankyou, i know the place and can get there which is much better than having to pay postage costs which makes the stuff quite dear, thanks again hope your hols were good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE