What's the size of the X-long USGI bivy bag?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
U

Urwaljaeger

I brought the MSS with a woodland bivy bag to northern Sweden from US during this winter. After one arctic forest overnite (-20C) I was not satisfied with the space in the bags. I´m not extreme tall (6,1") but my feet reached the end of the intermediate bag causing bad insulation at several spots.
Still I like this USGI system very much because of material, design and quality so I ordered the two bags in the X-long version from Military Issue AR.
These bags are 14" longer than the regulars and there is also a XL version of the bivy bag to be found but the store didn´t have it. The guy who sold the bags told me that the lenght of the x-long bivys are 90". And here I have a big (?)
My bivy has NSN#8465-01-416-8517 and should be the regular size of 80".
But when I meassure this bivy it comes to just over 90". (The x-long version have a different NSN so it can not be one of these bivys).
So now the question is: How long are the x-long version bivy //REALLY// and can I use my 90 incher bivy with the two XL bags (I do not have them yet)?
I feel a bit confused here

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE