Whats the perfect scope magnification for hunting rabbits....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Well, Ive been thinking about taking training and doing the DSC1. If anything this is a path to that.

DSC1 is a good move. It will teach you about Deer, Deer law, Deer Biology, deer behaviour, deer identification. Wait you did want to stalk deer didn't you?

It will teach you a bit of law and a bit of safety.

I must have done mine getting on for 20 years ago now. In some areas the Police are using it as an access course to having a firearms certificate since they have abandoned "mentoring".

If you want to learn how to shoot safely then look for a club. There will be a wealth of experience and always someone to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
you are on the right track. Learn that air rifle mate. It will teach you more about shooting and fieldcraft than powder burners

Mick91, if you arent on there already

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...mdp2yDNi_YdS1s1SA&sig2=5qCgxIuf-JiMt0nltvfYGQ

THE place for all your n.v needs (even if i do say so myself :D )

I'm not but cheers for the link sunndog. I'm quite new to NV and have managed to jury rig my own for under £100 as an NV scopecam. And as you said powder burners are great and have their place, but I like most here learned on an old BSA meteor with iron sights as a kid and can still confidently take bunnies with it. And that teaches you an awful lot. Finding out what pellets your gun likes can be half the battle. My R10 loves bisley magnum yet my s410 I may as well be throwing them. Ammunition is important in any weapon but moreso when you only have 12ft/lb to play with

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'm not but cheers for the link sunndog. I'm quite new to NV and have managed to jury rig my own for under £100 as an NV scopecam. And as you said powder burners are great and have their place, but I like most here learned on an old BSA meteor with iron sights as a kid and can still confidently take bunnies with it. And that teaches you an awful lot. Finding out what pellets your gun likes can be half the battle. My R10 loves bisley magnum yet my s410 I may as well be throwing them. Ammunition is important in any weapon but moreso when you only have 12ft/lb to play with

Get thee on there dude.........loads of info, and we'll soon have your wallet empty :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE