What's the deal with Morale Patches?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I love patches (of the right sort) and have quite a few on my blanket ponch and various hats.

Plus a load that I havent decided where to put yet.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I think the flags and what not are just fine, I have my BCUk sewn proudly on my day sack. But wandering round with a little picture saying 'sh!t magnet' on it? Naa :)

That said I have one of those skogniv patches on my German mountain rucksack. I daresay the Airsoft community would think that was pretty lame.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
If you cast your mind back to WWII bombers from stateside, remember the different logos of girls straddling bombs ,etc? Not much different than that, morale patches are there to adorn your kit where allowed to raise a chuckle from your mates. I must admit, some are just plain rubbish and some are just plain too 'gung ho' and obviously aimed at the soft gun people. The Vietnam war brought about a few more and look at what pilots used to have for unit patches, Top Gun flight jacket memories?
Some are quite amusing and honestly I've picked up a few to raise a laugh at work having put them on my works clothing.
I remember many years ago putting Velcro on my unit patch as it was quite bright and not very drab for going in the field.

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
66f0530b92346587ec31b90961fce8fe.jpg

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE