whats going on now?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Putting my ‘foraged’ blackcurrants from our garden into a dozen jars of blackcurrant jelly :). That should last a while and give us a vitamin kick into the winter. It also frees up some freezer space for Christmas goodies!

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Am making tinder matches. I'm using old bullet cases and making plated wicks. It takes ages to saw off the end of the bullet causing though with my little fretsaw thing. Wish I had some power tools! :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm still foraging. Everything from rosehips to quince. Autumn fruiting rasps are still producing a crop too and there's a huge variety of mushrooms around.

I collected the reedmace heads yesterday to dry for firelighting and I've been stuffing my compost bins with as much leaf litter as I can find. It makes brilliant soil once the worms have been at it over Winter.

I haven't cut the willows yet, but when the leaves are off (mine seem to hang onto theirs right into the frosts) and I know they've gone dormant I'll cut the rods right back to the stools.
I'll take some before Christmas for wreaths and the like though.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Raked the leaves the other day and will bury them in the beds tomorrow, I hope. Then got to sort out the terracottas before the frost, now that everything has got wet through again. Guitars and things all need re-stringing. So there is that. And a ton of picture frames to hang. Need to buy Scotch tomorrow, and grab some of the bulrushes that haven't yet split, and teasels, also swing by and get a bit of the root of a nicely flavoured mint I found growing by the river a couple of weeks back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE