What makes you want to be outdoors?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnie

Oct 20, 2015
Sunderland
Working in a factory and spending 12 hour shifts wishing for the opposite. It makes it feel like an extra treat to fulfil that ambition

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Because I am a free range human.

Towns and cities are like battery farms, they may supply food and warmth to the occupants, but that doesn't make them wholesome.

My house is like my chicken's coop- somewhere to sleep and shelter from storms.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Work and my boss :(

A necessary evil starting a family at 40 so chucking it all in is not an option

A weekend in the wood rebalances my inner peace and I return less of a megalomaniac

Mind you this weekend I managed to scare myself sh****ss lying in my hammock thinking about The Walking Dead on Saturday night!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... Mind you this weekend I managed to scare myself sh****ss lying in my hammock thinking about The Walking Dead on Saturday night!

Nah, we were all there to protect you. :)

Last time I was really scared was just going under the anaesthetic at Mansfield General Hospital. :yikes:

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
What makes me want to be outdoors, is to get away from all the madness of work! to get away for a day, weekend or for longer periods up in the hills or in a woodland has such a calming effect and relaxing and to light a fire and feel it's warmth on your face with nobody else around makes you feel free and helps me see things in another prospective! after being a carer for my father for four years with Alzheimer's and after he died in 2012 I took time out and spent two weeks walking part of the Pennine Way on my own and just being there with my own thoughts, I found that was part of the healing process and when I got back home I was feeling more positive in the way I was thinking and that's why I like the Great Outdoors!........Sorry for going on a bit!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE