What is this ?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
A friend who has been taking a photo a day of plants and animals took this down Strathclyde Park, so it's growing in the middle of Lanarkshire. Son1 asked me what it was, but I'm stuck :eek:
What is it ?

http://imgur.com/a/4CxJF

.......and if anyone can tell me how to post the photos here, it would be appreciated.
I tried editing the url to img but no joy.

atb,
Toddy

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You need to right click on each picture individually to obtain its URL Mary

m6sLgHP.jpg

PFmES8q.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

It's actually very good, and it's size, 6.5 x6.5x 2" instead of a huge great box of a usual pc, means that it sits on my desk neat and tidy leaving loads of space for other stuff.
It's the trackpad thing that gets me most confused. I use it for most things without any bother at all (find myself stroking flat surfaces expecting computery things to comply :eek: ) but the copy/paste of images is still a confusion to me.

Any idea what the plant is though ?

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Fiona doesn't remember what the leaf looked like either :sigh: all she has are the photos that sort of look like something we should know, but no one's pining it down.
It can't be that exotic either, growing in the park :dunno:

Thanks for the link; I'll have a burrow :D

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D
Thank you kindly :D

" It requires moisture and does not tolerate much sun or dry conditions." it'll feel right at home in Lanarkshire then :rolleyes:

M

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
tolmiea menziesii

it'll feel right at home in Lanarkshire then

Well recognised Trencakey :) -- apparently the type is named after the Inverness born surgeon/scientist for the Hudson Bay Company William Fraser Tomlie and the species is named after the Scottish botanist Archibald Menzies, so it should be right at home in the land of it’s namesake. The plant is also called ''piggyback'' or ''youth on age'' or ''thousand mothers''. Nice one :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolmiea_menziesii

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE