What have you learned recently?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I bought a new design of gas stove a couple of weeks ago and havnt had a chance to try it out untill yesterday.
I'm used to the gas tap being on the stove itself and after screwing on the gas canister searched in vain for a way to turn the gas on.
Took it back to the shop to complain that there was no way to turn the gas on to be able to light it.
Well did I feel a fool.!
It doesn't screw straight on to the can of gas but has a hose and the tap is on the end of the hose where it screws onto the canister.
So I've now learned how to turn on the gas on my new stove :)

Reactions: JFW and Winnet

Winnet

Forager
Oct 5, 2011
Aberdeen
You should join a Bushcraft forum Woody Girl, it is the sort of place you could ask people if they could solve the conundrum for you......

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
You should join a Bushcraft forum Woody Girl, it is the sort of place you could ask people if they could solve the conundrum for you......

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

That's a great idea... can you recommend a decent bushcraft forum for me please?
:) :) :)

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
The truckers hitch, it finally clicked that it is just an alpine butterfly and then a couple of half hitches which form a clove hitch. it was very much a penny dropping moment when I realised how simple it was.

Reactions: JFW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE