What fuel is safe..

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Not posted on here for a while but need some info..

Basically I have bought a steel stove that goes inside a Tipi.. It was the one from the Bison group buy, what i wanted to know is what can i and whats safe to burn in it..?

Do i stick with logs or can i use charcoal or will this make it too hot..?

If anyone has any experience with theirs or knows whats safe please pass on the info..

Thanks folks..
Andy.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
There's more risk of carbon monoxide poisoning with charcoal in an enclosed space, that's why it's only recomended for use outdoors. I'd stick with dry hardwood, fairly small and only feed it when it needs it. You'll soon get to know how much wood to put on.

Eric

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Not posted on here for a while but need some info..

Basically I have bought a steel stove that goes inside a Tipi.. It was the one from the Bison group buy, what i wanted to know is what can i and whats safe to burn in it..?

Do i stick with logs or can i use charcoal or will this make it too hot..?

If anyone has any experience with theirs or knows whats safe please pass on the info..

Thanks folks..
Andy.

Charcoal :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: As Eric said, its bad news in an enclosed space, stick to wood mate

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
I've got a tundra 4 and a Mosscatellan (or whatever is is called) collaspable fire box. Generally i try and burn well seasoned hardwood as it gives off less smoke. Softer woods or greener woods have my eyes watering somtimes, though i havn't managed to master how i'm supposed to have the tophat yet. open into the wind, away from the wind or parallel to the wind or off.
Never mind, just have to go camping more often and experiment.
But i would steer clear of charcoal, coal etc.
If you've got any other queries don't hesitate to ask.
Baggins

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE