What films have you watched recently?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elliott92

Mar 6, 2012
surrey
top 3 is too hard, but up there with the best is;

man on fire
public enemies
gladiator
anything tarantino (pulp fiction, django, reservoir dogs, inglorious basterds)
tears of the sun
black hawk down
band of brothers, the pacific and the sopranos (i know technically theyre not films)

and one to watch out for ladies and gents is a film called LONE SURVIVOR!!! this is out in cinemas tomorrow, i've read the book that the (true) film is based on several times. absolutely incredible, and the film was overlooked by the man on whom it is based.. marcus latrell, former navy seal and recipient of the medal of honour (a true hero in my eyes), so im hoping its not a load of dramatised rubbish that lets the book and the story down. will probably be a tear jerker though

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
You reminded me to watch Dredd tonight. (as the missus is out! ) Now on with Serenity.

Sent from my mobile.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Recently seen;

A Single Shot
Sweetwater
Out of the Furnace
Prisoners
Frozen Ground
Lone Survivor

all worth a watch, if a bit dark

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I was suprised with just how good Dredd was. I wasn't expecting much at all after the terrible 90's Stallone version. Its brutally violent though.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I must admit I do have a thing for the Underworld films, or is that more a thing for Kate Beckinsale in rubber and leather:)

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
Dredd in high def is absolutely stunning. It's almost exactly what a Dredd movie SHOULD be; stylised OTT violence and very little real plot. I've been reading 2000AD since I was very young and loved the movie.
The Stallone one was too silly, and he had his helmet off for most of it. The ABC robot was great though.

+1 on Serenity. I recently got the missus into Firefly after pestering her for ages.

I watched 'Cannibal the Musical' last night. Funny as hell. "It's a sprodoinkle day!".........

Do Not Demand What You Cannot Take By Force

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yeah, Serenity was decent. I like Sci-Fi in general but especially anything with Jewel Staite.

Night before last I watched RIPD (fantasy rather than Sci-Fi) Funny in places but not especially memorable.

I rented Colony and I'll watch it with my daughter this afternoon when she gets off work and get back heree. Looks good in the trailer anyway.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Recently watched:

vikingdom - terrible
traitor - very good
despicable me 2 - really enjoyable, I'm looking forward to the minions movie.

Top movies:

Watership down
The Breakfast Club
Barton Fink
Brimstone and Treacle (the 1982 movie version with Sting in the lead role)
K-pax

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
what annoyed me about Dredd was it was just The Raid: Redemption with Dredd in it, although it is light years better than the Stallone version. RIPD was just Men in Black with dead people instead of aliens

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I mentioned this film earlier and found its up on youtube. Nobody gets shot or killed, no zombies et al but its one of the most chilling films you'll ever see with a superb cast.

[video=youtube;tPIctGbAZEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPIctGbAZEQ[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE