What can you see No.2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Hmmmm wind blowing left to right? Maybe a 3 wheeled push chair? Looks like the person pushing had to push on the right hand side of whatever the thing was. Sand looks pretty hard pack, but it looks like the person what quite upright as the toe digs in a similar amount to the heel. A windy day surely?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Walker has problem with left leg.
It look like the tide has taken the furthest prints out - if so, they passed before the last high tide.
However, the sand surface looks damp? so they passed after it rained.

Reactions: TeeDee

Souledman

Nov 14, 2020
Glasgow
They’ll be pulling the wheelchair behind them, on the rear 2 wheels. Middle front wheel looks a bit lighter. I guess they’ll be walking backwards too.

Reactions: nigelp

bearbait

The person's tracks seem to increasingly deviate from the origin at the bottom of the photo. I suggest that it's possibly someone / parent following a youngster on a 3-wheeler bike. That could explain the lighter track on the middle / front wheel? Plus dogs, of course.

Winnet

Forager
Oct 5, 2011
Aberdeen
Waking uphill, front of the foot pressed in further, pushing down on the pram handle making the front wheel lighter.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 56522

It's a westerly beach with winds from the east, just after some light rain a lady with two bigger dogs (or one running in circles) passed with dog in front. She was pushing a three wheeled pram. The beech slopes a bit here and the local rock is igneous and the tide has been out some time and I'd guess is making its way in.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Walker has problem with left leg.
It look like the tide has taken the furthest prints out - if so, they passed before the last high tide.
However, the sand surface looks damp? so they passed after it rained.
Really interesting comment regarding the issue with the left leg. What indicates or suggests that to you ?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
The person's tracks seem to increasingly deviate from the origin at the bottom of the photo. I suggest that it's possibly someone / parent following a youngster on a 3-wheeler bike. That could explain the lighter track on the middle / front wheel? Plus dogs, of cours

The person's tracks seem to increasingly deviate from the origin at the bottom of the photo. I suggest that it's possibly someone / parent following a youngster on a 3-wheeler bike. That could explain the lighter track on the middle / front wheel? Plus dogs, of course.
Good thinking. The middle track " is " feint. Do we think the gait and straddle is normal of ? Walking ??

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
It's a westerly beach with winds from the east, just after some light rain a lady with two bigger dogs (or one running in circles) passed with dog in front. She was pushing a three wheeled pram. The beech slopes a bit here and the local rock is igneous and the tide has been out some time and I'd guess is making its way in.
Interesting. Please show your workings for all those as I'm fascinated.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Really interesting comment regarding the issue with the left leg. What indicates or suggests that to you ?

It looks like there is more weight being put on the left wheel and more weight on the right foot. It's possible the wheeled object is one of those three-wheeled walking aids - just an alternative idea :)

D

Deleted member 56522

Interesting. Please show your workings for all those as I'm fascinated.
The shadows are at the front, assuming northern hemisphere, that means they are SE to SW. I've seen that kind of patterning of dry patches sand when it rains on dry sand (dry lower, wet top) and then starts to dry. For it to dry and get damp and then dry, takes time, so suggests it was afternoon. Afternoon sun with the shadows on the footprints gives direction. The lack of waves indicates an offshore breeze. The uniform dark sand, indicates that it isn't a pure quartz beach and is typical of areas of igneous rock. You also show flattish "shadows" offshore. These remind me of glacially smoothed areas.

Reactions: Greg and TeeDee

bearbait

Good thinking. The middle track " is " feint. Do we think the gait and straddle is normal of ? Walking ??
There is a slight imbalance to the gait (like many of us!): the left foot points almost straight ahead whilst the right is angled outwards slightly. I would say walking as the toe portion of the clearer signs doesn't show any "digging in" as might be seen when running or jogging.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE