What can I make?

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
I have alot of spare time in work and I was wondering what could I make that would be useful, we use mild steel and 316 stainless mostly.

Cheers :) I've made a stove with a stand in one that is meant to use acetone/nail varnish remover. As it burns clean and is better than meths I think.

Fat ferret

Forager
May 24, 2012
Galloway
Brackets for shelves,
Gates,
Weather vane (debatable)
Grills,
Trivets,
Poker/fire set,
Fishing lures,
A trailer
A sign,
Butchers hooks,
Coat pegs,
Corkscrew animal tetherer?

Anything there you fancy? The above could all be made from steel bar, rod, box section, sheet or angle mild steel. If you don't want any of those things for yourself make some for me:eek:.

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
I'm going to make some woodburning stoves hobo stove sized, I'll also get round to making 2 mora sized knives from my old billhook.

Last edited:

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
Aye given your user name how about free wireless energy machine :)

I could send you some antler if you want? My be that might give you some inspiration.

I have made one using ZVS (Also known as Mazilli driver, uses zero voltage switching topology) It runs my teslacoil, induction heater, small welder, and a wireless energy device, this "Driver" the ZVS is very useful.

Whatever I make in work can't be very large as I don't want to scrap bin to be empty. Because you're not allowed to take alot.

Last edited:

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
You could make lids out of stainless for '58 mugs etc: Turning the edge over all the way round isn't necessary. I've made a flat one from aluminium with just 4 x 10mm 'tabs' opposite each other and turned down to keep the lid on. Seems to work fine...
coffee.gif

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
Just made a sketch for the stove I will make hopefully it will turn out nice. It's going to be square as it's easier.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
make some dutch clips for your own hammock, make a stainless steel plate for eating your food, a small stainless steel chair, a small stainless steel stool, some decent stainless steel laddle for soups, stainless steel throwing knives, hope this help.

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
make some dutch clips for your own hammock, make a stainless steel plate for eating your food, a small stainless steel chair, a small stainless steel stool, some decent stainless steel laddle for soups, stainless steel throwing knives, hope this help.

To be honest I was thinking of throwing knives, thanks for the help guys. I'll make the stove first if it's any good I'll put some pictures up.

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
Made a stove yesterday, turned out looking pretty scruffy will post pictures later :)

5ya1g.jpg

Egdes are uneven where I angle grinded them I could have spent more time with my finesse.

Works good though.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE