What are you growing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Pulled some more of the leeks for leek and potato soup yesterday :) Lovely :)
I have chillies still growing in a pot on the living room windowsill. Son1's GF started them very late, but mine shot up almost like peppers, and I ended up with a really good crop from them, but the plants (2 in the pot) were too big to over Winter once the radiator was on, so I cut them hard back to about 20cms, and lo and behold, here we are at the end of December and they're putting out flower buds :rolleyes:
The coleus she gave me was a tiny wee thing and it too has bloomed, been cut hard back and is now also putting up another flower spike.

Other than those, there's still some Pak Choi in the greenhouse in a bucket, and the cut off bottom of a cabbage that was planted, has rooted, and provided leaves for stir fry for months.

Reactions: Kadushu

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
We're still pulling leeks and, believe it or not, still got a row of lovely carrots!
The purple sprouting broccoli seems confused - it started sprouting weeks ago and now seems to have started bolting; we wouldn't expect to start picking it for another month at least normally :(

Reactions: Toddy

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
D4BD1135-31B7-4DA6-AC39-4662A4BEE3EC.jpeg

I've been digging the volunteer potatoes and planting shallots. It's impossible to get rid of the 'black' potatoes because they blend in with the soil but they taste good.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've still got beetroot and a few turnips, but not much else this year.
My taters are chitting, and I have some shallots ready to go in as soon as weather permits.
My seed store is full of everything I want to grow.
So, for those nice dry days when I can get things started, I'm just waiting...........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE