What are you currently reading?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You are missing a lot if you travel through Wiltshire but never explore it.
To be honest, we travel the A303 just to explore, usually ending up in Somerset or Devon in the campervan. My late father in law lived on the edge of The Rushmore Estate and knew old Major Pitt, there’s a fascinating history there.

Next run, we want to stop at King Alfreds Tower. Time before last we went to Avebury and West Kennet Barrow. Having a mid size converted freight van is perfect for stopping off pretty much anywhere.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Next run, we want to stop at King Alfreds Tower. Time before last we went to Avebury and West Kennet Barrow. Having a mid size converted freight van is perfect for stopping off pretty much anywhere.

I know a big COTW spot near the Tower. Lovely spot.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I know a big COTW spot near the Tower. Lovely spot.
These huge follies are fascinating. Just down the road we have Racton Monument. Also, the Vandalian Tower at Harting which has an interesting tale, and a source of huge embarrassment.

However we are off topic again ;)

Attachments

• CCC1D3E9-4086-448C-A38F-AFAE7D321F6D.jpeg
    CCC1D3E9-4086-448C-A38F-AFAE7D321F6D.jpeg
    964.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: TeeDee

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Got three books for Xmas, two of which could be connected with Bushcraft:

“Rabbiting Man”, by Fred J Taylor. Read already. A paperback of approx 100 pages. Quite interesting, mainly about rabbiting experiences in the UK and Oz, and includes a lot of new-to-me recipes…

“How to be asked again - how to be the Perfect Shooting Guest”, by Rosie Nickerson. I haven’t read much of it yet, but it seems to be intended for would-be guns. As a beater myself with no reason to get a SGC and gun, I’ll look on it as entertainment :)

The other one is a thick wedge of around a thousand pages, comprising three of the “Inspector Montalbano” books. My missus and I enjoy the TV series, so it will be interesting to read a couple of them as well.

Reactions: Toddy and TeeDee

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I needed to read T.S.Eliot: The Naming of Cats. I read it out loud for inspiration. Smoothed my feathers.
I now have an old (15?) cat with no name, trapped from under an unheated shed behind a petrol station at -30C. Been there for many weeks. She's lost 1/2 an ear to the cold. Not under my roof she won't. She is "Rumpuss." "Puss" for every day.

She's under the bed but did appear to eat salmon after less than 24 hrs since intro so there's a good sign.

I lie on the bed, reading Pastissima out loud to Rumpuss.
I've made a lot of pasta from scratch, even taught pasta making. There's a Zen thing, pounding flours into the dough.

Reactions: Toddy

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I'm currently reading my Christmas book, "The Backyard Adventurer" by Beau Miles, and a Norwegian e-book "Veien til Xanadu - En reise i Marco Polos fotspor" (The road to Xanadu - A journey in Marco Polo's foot steps) by Torbjørn Færøvik.

Reactions: TeeDee

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Got a 30 day free trial of amazon audiobooks, get two free books to keep even if i cancel,
Ray Mears, We are nature.
Dave Canterbury, Bushcraft 101.
Going to search for some good Camping, Hiking and bushcraft books to listen to.
I like the idea of listening while driving, better than the dross on the radio.

Aneirin

Dec 6, 2021
Llanfair Caereinion
Got a 30 day free trial of amazon audiobooks, get two free books to keep even if i cancel,
Ray Mears, We are nature.
Dave Canterbury, Bushcraft 101.
Going to search for some good Camping, Hiking and bushcraft books to listen to.
I like the idea of listening while driving, better than the dross on the radio.
Tristan Gooley has some good books on there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE