Wet deer watching...

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I went on a walk in my local stomping ground yesterday. I decided to leave the path and head through the bushes to follow a deer trail. I passed this meadow, with signs of deer all around me (it seems they used this to rest at night).

4461125402_f792c9fa03.jpg

I came to a more swampy area and managed to capture this impressive bullrush (though I forgot to collect the tinder).

4460343441_cc2a10d31f.jpg

A minute later, while trying to cross an apparently tiny trickle, I got my feet wet (ok ok I sank in up into my hips). Luckily my camera did not get wet, and my still dented back didn’t break or anything. Apart from being embarrassing, it was a bit nippy then around my lower parts.

The trousers were Fjallraven G1000, and dried off really quickly! Impressive!

4460342041_a6ebaf13cc.jpg

Nevertheless, I decided to press on, there must be wild deer somewhere! And I guess I have covered my human odours, so being upwind woudn’t be a problem (always trying to see the positive)… I entered the forest proper.

4460338913_2c54b481b8.jpg

Back out, already on my way back, I was rewarded with the sight of two beautiful deer. They were not 20m from me.

4460336477_441aabaede.jpg

Magic!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

Glad someone else gets wet and muddy when out :eek:

Nice looking bit of the world there, even this early in the year.

Thanks for posting :D

cheers,
Toddy

hermitical

Forager
Feb 28, 2010
Bristol
I got my feet wet (ok ok I sank in up into my hips)

:D

looks beautiful across there...

My wife saw a deer yesterday in our local park (we've heard it rumoured but never seen it). Problem was it was being chased by a deerhound/greyhound cross! Luckily our two dozy lurchers were too slow and my wife caught hold of them before they could join in the fun.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Cheers all it was a fun afternoon :D

gowersponger, I could watch them for about 5 mins, they were grazing. then a jogger came and they bolted :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE