Wenge African hard wood for sale (lots of it)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Hi everyone , as said before in pretty much stopping making knives again .workshop is slowly being cleared out and there are lots of buts that craft types could make use of .
So I'm offering it here and on a few other forums / Facebook .

This lot is pretty much all the wood I have (there maybe a few other bits later on )
I have them
In 3 sizes , large , medium and small .
Now I'm a knife maker as you know so my mind has gone towards that sort of use but I'm sure there are many other crafts that this could be used for , but I will describe it in knife making terms .

Large are all 16.5" long and 1 3/4" wide but range in width from 1 1/8" to 7/8 of and inch .
£7 each delivered . They have nice straight grain and you could use them for axe handles I believe , or get 3 really generous knife handles per length .

Medium are all 12" long ranging from 1.5" to 1 1/8" wide and 1 1/8" thick , there is enough for 2 generous handles per length . Again nice straight grain and colour . £5 each
Sma
Range in length from 6" to 5.5" long , 1.5" to 1 1/4" wide , thickness range from 1 1/8" to 1" thick. £3 each .

I know that is the cheapest you will ever see this material anywhere in the UK .
I just want my money out of the materials really .

It is rough dawn as you can see from the pics .

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I dont know what that means ??

Sorry, I should have said that judging by the thickness (looks the same as a kitchen worktop) they are from a Wenge kitchen worktop.
Its expensive stuff and people don't like to waste it so when they cut the section out for something like a Belfast sink they keep the large rectangular offcut.

I got the offcut this exact way and made a top for my toolbox so it could hold a vice (Its not pink, its red...Ahem...:))
Shown here.
DSC01229.jpg

It looks like your wenge is rippings taken off a worktop, that in no way shape or form makes it of lesser quality, its good timber and the sections chosen for worktops are free from defects. Takes Danish oil well.

Was basically just bumping this thread, sorry to have disconfabulated you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE