Welsh Bushcrafter Leather Pouches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Dragons' Breath" (as you all have started calling them) Kits
Basic Flint and Steel Fire Starter Kits
DragonsBreath.jpg

These are proving very popular!
Simple, functional and of a design based on archeological finds.
Comprising a piece of steel, taken from selected High Carbon Steel files and ground smooth on the edges for safe and effective sparking, selected pieces of natural flint, pieces of Charcloth and slices of Birch Polypore Fungus all contained in one of my size 1 pouches (colours vary) all for the price of only £6 inc P&P.
(Contains no actual Dragon. Less than 1% fat. Made in an environment that definately contains nuts - me!)
Colours sizes and shapes vary - this is just a typical set!
New stock made 13 kits available.
PM me for more info and to order.

NEW ITEM!
AXE HANGERS.
Solid brass rings on hand sewn, double thread, saddle stitched belt loops.
Sized for up to 2" wide belts and will take the good old GB Wildlife Hatchet, Small Forest Axe or similar axes. Loops vary - 3 only - first come first served!
This simple solution to your axe carrying needs - only £2.50 inc P&P
Mar05763.jpg

Welsh Bushcrafter Leather Pouches.
Although these pouches are made less than a dozen miles from where legend has it that the last dragon in Wales was killed there is no truth in the tale that they are made from BRIMSTONE TANNED DRAGON HIDE.
In fact they are made from recycled, garment quality, leathers of various grades and finishes, by an under-employed Bushcrafter of a British ethnic origin, in a workroom almost in view of where King Arthurs sons are said to have died during the hunt of the Great Black Boar.
The purchase price of the leather goes directly to charity

The sizes are as before - and the quality is the same as well!
Size 1 - Flat, D shaped 7x5 inches
Size 2 - 2.5 x 2.5 x 8 inches
Size3 - 3 x 3 x 10 inches
Size 4 - 3.5 x 3.5 x 11 inches
Size 5 - 4 x 4 x 12 inches.

I have ready for sale

1 set of 5 sizes 1,2,3,4,5 in Black £25
1 set of 5 sizes 1,2,3,4,5 in Dark Forest Green £25
1 set of 5 sizes 1,2,3,4,5 in Mixed colours £25
1 set of 5 sizes 1,2,3,4,5 in mixed browns £25

1 set of 5 all size 2 in black £25

1 set of 5 1,1,2,3,4 in Antique Brown
1 set of 5 1,2,3,4,4, in Black £25
1 set of 5 1,2,2,3,4, in various browns £25
1 set of 5 1,1,1,2,3 in black £25
1 set of 5 1,2,2,3,4 in black £25
1 set of 5 2,3,3,3,4 in black £25
1 set of 5 1,2,2,2,3 in fawn £25

BUSHCRAFTERPOUCHES-1.jpg

Also one possibles pouches - offers?
Dec10524-1.jpg

Dec10525.jpg

If you don't see what you want on the list, PM me and I will see what I can do for you

dave1942

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 15, 2005
Hemel Hempstead
John,
Kits arrived this morning and within 5 minutes of practice to get correct technique had a result with the charcloth. They are superb value for money and fun to use. Many thanks.
Off to make some charcloth now. :You_Rock_

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
"Dragons' Breath" (as you all have started calling them) Kits
DragonsBreath.jpg

Comprising a piece of steel, taken from selected High Carbon Steel files and ground smooth on the edges for safe and effective sparking, selected pieces of natural flint, pieces of Charcloth and slices of Birch Polypore Fungus all contained in one of my size 1 pouches (colours vary) all for the price of only £6 inc P&P.
(Contains no actual Dragon. Less than 1% fat. Made in an environment that definately contains nuts - me!)
New stock made 9 kits available.

NEW ITEM!
AXE HANGERS.
Solid brass rings on hand sewn, double thread, saddle stitched belt loops.
Sized for up to 2" wide belts and will take the good old GB Wildlife Hatchet, Small Forest Axe or similar axes. Loops vary - 3 only - first come first served! Only the thinner belt loop ones left
This simple solution to your axe carrying needs - only £2.50 inc P&P
Mar05763.jpg

Although these pouches are made less than a dozen miles from where legend has it that the last dragon in Wales was killed there is no truth in the tale that they are made from BRIMSTONE TANNED DRAGON HIDE.
In fact they are made from recycled, garment quality, leathers of various grades and finishes, by an under-employed Bushcrafter of a British ethnic origin, in a workroom almost in view of where King Arthurs sons are said to have died during the hunt of the Great Black Boar.

I have ready for sale

1 set of 5 sizes 1,2,3,4,5 in Mixed colours £25
1 set of 5 sizes 1,2,3,4,5 in mixed browns £25

1 set of 5 1,1,2,3,4 in Antique Brown

BUSHCRAFTERPOUCHES-1.jpg

Dec10524-1.jpg

Dec10525.jpg

If you don't see what you want on the list, PM me and I will see what I can do for you

Jacko

Life Member
Aug 3, 2004
SHROPSHIRE
Hi John, axe hanger came today (ordered on wed eve'), great service and same outstanding workmanship!
Very happy indeed :D This is a real hardwearing bit of kit, easily carry my SFA and then some!!!
Cheers and keep up the good work, :You_Rock_

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Hi John,Thanks , the axe hanger arrived today . And i found an added bonus with it, it is a perfect size to hold my D cell maglite so im well happy with it.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
They beat the holder i got from maglite john hands down theirs is just a cheap plastic ring attatched to a leather keeper with a press stud quite tacky looking, yours on the outher hand should last a lifetime.

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
thats my firestarters kit arrived today and seem really good bit of kit, shall practicing on the way to the po to pay :p

great seller well recommended

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
"Dragons' Breath" (as you all have started calling them) Kits
DragonsBreath.jpg

New stock made 2 kits available.
I will be making more ASAP - but who knows how soon that will be!

I have ready for sale

BUSHCRAFTERPOUCHES-1.jpg

Dec10524-1.jpg

Dec10525.jpg

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Hi John (found the thread!) You have a PM regarding a dragons breath kit :D I'll have to grab a set of pouches next month when the cheque comes :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

I have ready for sale

1 set of 5 1,2,2,3,4,, in black £25
1 set of 5 1,2,2,3,4, various browns £25
1 set of 5 2,2,3,3,4 in mixed brown and black £25

BUSHCRAFTERPOUCHES-1.jpg

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
"Dragons' Breath" (as you all have started calling them)

John,
I really, really, really want you to start calling these your "Junior Arsonists Kits".:cool:

Thanks to your inspiration, I've been breaking up some old files and having a whole lot of fun - even making a fire in the sleet the other day!

ATB

Ogri the trog

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Using these kits is kind of addictive....but I did not name them - it was forum members!
Now I need to see my man about some more steel!

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Yay for Dragons Breath kits, I received mine today (thanks John) and got the char cloth going almost straight away!

The technique for striking is totally different to a ferro rod but the sparks you get are a lot more impressive IMO.

Thank you one again, it's fantastic :D:D:D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Glad you like it!
More stock will be made as soon as I can get more steel of the right kind, enough leather of the right kind, more polypore and some time to work them all into working kits.
The way things are looking (I just had my accountant tell me that I am almost selling these at a loss!) I will have to put the price up a bit for the next lot.......:(

Mang

Settler
Got my Dragon breath kit today (just in time for the weekend). Got sparks on the third attempt, sparks and sound on the fifth and lit charcloth on the sixth...ace.

This will be part of my kit that I take to Cub camp in June to convert 'em into junior pyros!!

Thanks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE