weekends in surrey sussex border

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
list of people that can make it so far:

phil562
Marts
Boxy
andyn

Waiting for 2 more replys Nickq and rob.
as soon as I have a yes from 6 I will give instructions and directions.
Can only do 6 this time but hopefully a lot more next time. (sorry)

pete

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
list of people that can make it so far:

phil562
Marts
Boxy
andyn
clipper(tis me)

Unfortunately nickg and rob cant make it which leaves 2 places if anyone is interested.
Dont have to have 6 but would be good, as soon as I have a yes from 6 or it gets to mid week I will give instructions and directions.
Can only do 6 this time excluding me, but hopefully a lot more next time. (sorry)

pete

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Pete

Just like to say what a good little moot you organised.

Fantastic area, with obviously loads more potential.

My thanks to Marts & Boxy for the advice and bow drill practice.

Hi to AndyN.

Looking forward to the next.

PS your Bivi Bag is sorted will hand over on the next moot.

Oh and SWMBO still had the hump :banghead:

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Echo that!

Place was great! Right little secret oasis you had all to yourself!

Was great to meet you all, glad none of you turned into those axe weilding maniacs (or ware-wolves) that we were half expecting :lmao: :)

Thanks to Boxy and Marts for all the tips and pointers. Oh and good luck with the bow Boxy was looking pretty good when we left :)

If I manage to get that spoon finished I'll put the piccies up :) If no piccies appear you can probably guess that I ruined it :eek:

I had a look through some of the photos and unfortunaltey due to the "speckled" light through the trees most of them are out of focus but will post a couple up tomorrow.

Take care

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Sounds like you guys had a real good time, shame i couldn't make it, bloody work got in the way (again) :( :( :( , hope to make the next one. :)

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
clipper said:
Rather selfishly i've had the use of about 50 acres of varied woodland including a 2 acre lake in Surrey Sussex border (10 miles south Guildford) all to my self.
Let me know if anyone is interested.

Pete :D

Great to see your first weekend went well. I'd really like to be considered for the next one if possible.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Big thanx to Phil, Andy, Marts and Boxy great guys, great fun. :grouphug:
I had a really good weekend shame it went so quickly.
Looking forward to the next one now! (watch this space) :D

pete

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Meant to ask if you slept in tents, hammocks, tarps & bivi bags or shelters - just being nosey

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
maver said:
Meant to ask if you slept in tents, hammocks, tarps & bivi bags or shelters - just being nosey

Hammocks and Tarps. I put my Hammock up a bit higher at the head end so it was like the big dipper, I would fidget and slide down, still slept well though. :)

pete

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Great weekend. Cheers again Clipper.
The site is a great mix of broadleaf and pine, with a lake and lots of other interesting things. Even better there is very little human traffic - areas that used to be coppiced have been left to grow wild by the current owner. Makes for some interesting foraging :rolleyes:

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Glad you all had a good time, shame I had to miss this meet but I'm looking forward to the next.

My Tracking course was pretty out of this world (in more ways than one).

See you all next time :D

Bam. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE