Weekend at Loch Trool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scout

Nomad
Aug 30, 2005
Dumfries & Galloway
Just back from a fantastic meet at Loch Trool. The weather wasn't as bad as expected apart from a couple of downpours. It was my birthday last week and the lads had a whip round for me. So thank you very much to you all, very generous. A Cold steel Trail Hawk is top of the list and some leather to make it a mask. Had a big stew on the Saturday night with venison, steak, spuds, turnip and mushrooms with crusty rolls.

A few pics of the weekend

A rather wet looking chute
DSCN0721.jpg

A few setup's
DSCN0716.jpg

DSCN0723.jpg

DSCN0722.jpg

DSCN0724.jpg

Even a little bit of bushcraft
DSCN0726.jpg

DSCN0727.jpg

Venison, Beef and vegetable stew

DSCN0728.jpg

Thanks to everyone who came, I had a great time,

Nathan

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Yep, had a great time too, feeling the effects now of all that "BUSHCRAFT" i engaged in over the last couple of nights. LOL, still, could be worse, i could have had a reaction to all the "BUSHCRAFT" like young Scotty had, middle of the night, bent doubled over in a bush, i guess he must have been inspecting a new species of plant. LOL:lmao:

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Yep, had a great time too, feeling the effects now of all that "BUSHCRAFT" i engaged in over the last couple of nights. LOL, still, could be worse, i could have had a reaction to all the "BUSHCRAFT" like young Scotty had, middle of the night, bent doubled over in a bush, i guess he must have been inspecting a new species of plant. LOL:lmao:

Yeah there was a rare species of mushroom, it looked like a chewed up button mushroom from tesco, well quite a few actually somehow infused with jack and corona lol.

On a serious note though it was an excellent meet as always and good to meet some new faces and good to see the regulars again :D big thanks to all who turned up and especially everyone who gave me a cuddle this morning to held my wee sore head :lmao:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Thanks a million guys i had a great chilled out weekend , i got home ok and will post some pics when i find where the cable for my camera is hidden !

Craig................

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Thanks a million guys i had a great chilled out weekend , i got home ok and will post some pics when i find where the cable for my camera is hidden !

Craig................

Got to give the big man credit for turning up at this meet when he didnt have use of any transport this weekend, he had to get a bus, then a train from edinburgh to glasgow, another train to girvan, a bus to glen trool village and finally a walk to loch trool. All this just to hang round with us ugly buggers.....well done Craig.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Life is far to short to worry about the small inconveniences , and with mates like you lot i had a blast !

Craig.......

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Brilliant weekend as usual with the crazy gang , big Craig gets a 10 oot i 10 for the effort he made getting there ,
oor Sean had a great time , and big thanks from me for his birthday gifts, once everbody went away, me and sean decided to go for a walk and went up high into the forest where we got amazing views down to the loch, we didnt leave till about 4 o'clock and then had a nice chilled out run home. It was great to see everybody again, when's the next one?????

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Yet another great weekend, even though i was feelin a bit under the weather. Was great to see everyone again, thanks to Craig for making all that effort to get there, goodjob to Tam and Jason for providing the meat for the gorgeous stew we had and to everyone else who contributed :thankyou: Thanks to everyone who contributed to Nathan's present too, he was amazed and wasn't expecting anything at all. He spent half the journey home telling me what he might spend it on (a tomahawk was favourite last time i heard). Thanks to Gill too for making his sheath in time, Phil for his oven, Tam for the belt blank (for which i still owe you bud) and to everyone else, thanks for your company, we both feel we are part of a great group of guys, mates.

:grouphug:

atb

Dave

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Top weekend lads, top marks to Craig for his long journey to get there and every one who made the effort

Tam and Scott in prefect harmony:yikes: well they thought so :lmao:
GlentroolOctober2011034.jpg

Tam is happy that he won the who has the biggest knife competition
GlentroolOctober2011011.jpg

Tam holding court ,we had to listen to him ! have you seen the knives this man has :yikes:

GlentroolOctober2011012.jpg

GlentroolOctober2011014.jpg

GlentroolOctober2011037.jpg

GlentroolOctober2011039.jpg

And spotted this on a wee wonder anyone know what this is its about 6" high and 6" in dia that 150mm x150mm dia in new money
GlentroolOctober2011041.jpg

GlentroolOctober2011042.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE