Weekend at Loch Doon

Scout

Nomad
Aug 30, 2005
Dumfries & Galloway
A big thanks to Tam & Gaz for inviting us along at for the weekend. Great spot for camping at without the dreaded midges. Managed to get a bit of sunburn aswell.

Unfortunatley no pics but I'm sure some will get put up.

Thanks again
Nathan

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Nice to hear you had a good un Nath, will post that hammock out to you tomorrow so you should get it by wednesday at the latest.

I hope the boys behaved for a change....

Col

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
A big thanks to Tam & Gaz for inviting us along at for the weekend. Great spot for camping at without the dreaded midges. Managed to get a bit of sunburn aswell.

Unfortunatley no pics but I'm sure some will get put up.

Thanks again
Nathan

Did you get out on the canoe ?

Jason

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Aye, that was a nice chilled weekend.

What a fire!

I've got only a few pics,i'll try and get them done by someone tomorrow.

Gaz and Scott will have some good ones I think.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Aye, that was a nice chilled weekend.

What a fire!

I've got only a few pics,i'll try and get them done by someone tomorrow.

Gaz and Scott will have some good ones I think.

How come you scallywags have a big fire when me and Jason aint there, dont you know our old bones need all the heat we can get...

Col.....

Scout

Nomad
Aug 30, 2005
Dumfries & Galloway
Cheers Colin, might have to go and test it at the weekend. Decided not to take the canoe this time but I'm sure it won't be long till were back up that way. Twas some fire indeed. Glad I didn't have to walk to far to get the firewood for it lol.

Nathan

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
How come you scallywags have a big fire when me and Jason aint there, dont you know our old bones need all the heat we can get...

Col.....

We were melting around it.

Not a huge one just real heat for a change.

The fellow I know along the road cut us some of his wood, well quite a bit actually.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
2 car loads to be exact, was one warm fire. Had a great chilled out weekend. Woke up to beautiful blue skys again this morning and thought ' know where I'd rather be'. The view of the loch was stunning at first light.

Dave

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Brilliant chilled out weekend. I actually managed to go a walk on Sunday too so that was a nice bonus :D

Feeling like death today, have had to get on the caffeine early or else my desk will quicky become my bed :lmao:

Got some good pics, will post them up later as I was knackered last night and am at work just now.

Thanks once again to Tam and Gaz :D

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Nope the full 6 miles, done it in less than 2 hours :D :D

Although the combination of not much sleep, that splitting maul and that walk has all added up and I can hardly move or keep my eyes open today :(

It's been a long day so far, might sneak away for a sleep soon :lmao:

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
3kzz9l.jpg

bTp7Jl.jpg

FMUgNl.jpg

W10N0l.jpg

Fo06ml.jpg

JreMdl.jpg

e11xJl.jpg

TCH3Nl.jpg

6r3mEl.jpg

7WaiJl.jpg

3GkkPl.jpg

What a good weekend , the weather was great , cracking camp spot , brilliant fire ,we ate like kings thanks to Dave and Nath for bringing a lovely salmon, then we had a bowl of stovie's thank's to my bro Joe who payed us a visit .. we had great banter as usual

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Good pic there Gaz looks like a very chilled out weekend.

I drove round some of the roads by loch Doon about 5 years ago , and there was lots of wee old caravans dotted along the side of the road .

Craig..................

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Good cos they looked bloody awfull !

The day i was down it was chucking it down with low cloud but still a great area .

Craig................

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Great pics there Tam , it's good to get some nice weather at this time of year without too many bloodsuckers !

Craig................

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE