Week wildcamping in Scotland, where to go?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Planning a week walking in Scottish hills, camping in them all week. Want to get most hills.done and nice glens or Woods too. Any ideas?,was thinking Conrail or Glen Shiel but Glen Affric appeals too. Can you get from the first to the second of those glens and back in a week?
Anywhere else? Coming from nw England so perhaps Sutherland and too far north wld cut on walking time.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Gotcha, the Loch Mullardoch round is a two to three day walk there is also the Strathfarrar four in the next glen up. I always fancied a 'Knoydart round': Drive to Mallaig get the boat to Inverie, bash round some hills for a few days and eventually end up at Glenfinnan.
It would be easy to do the Cairngorms in a week also with lots of high wild camps and wooded areas to the east. When are you thinking of going? It will be midge season soon!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Jubilee week.
Did Knoydart last year. Wet a lot so only one munro. Enjoyed it though. Did 15-20 mile days with 20-28 kg pack. Also only set off abt 11 am each day too. Very tiring pace each day. Did it from Kinloch Horn. Sgurr na ciche looked nice. Didn't get up it just walked over the bealach between. It and the 2 other munros nxt to it.
Skye is nice too. From durnish peninsula and the lookout bothy down to Elgol. Cracking walk. If you get the chance try it.
I'm thinking Glen Shiel,hills and perhaps think abt walking to Glen Affric and back. Is that possible in a week? Anyone know that area?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
My suggestion is the Cairngorms.

Leaving the car at Braemar(Linn of Dee or Glen Quoich), head off from there either up Quoich or along the Lairig Ghru to Glen Luibeg and go from there. You have the option of mountains or long valley walks depending on the weather.

Loch Avon, Ben Macdui, Braeriach, Glen Geusachan, the Lairig Ghru and Lairig an Laogh, Rothiemurchus and the Bheinn a Bhuird's should be a weeks full.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE