Wee Over Nighter

Scout

Nomad
Aug 30, 2005
Dumfries & Galloway
Since dad and me have both just got new hammocks, last night seemed like a perfect opportunity to try them out. Arrived at our local woods at about twoish yesterday afternoon.

A few pics of the camp (sorry about the quality, using the phone)

camp01.jpg

The view as we left the car

camp02.jpg

Wigtown Bay in the distance

camp08g.jpg

The Camp

camp03.jpg

camp07.jpg

Dad's setup

camp04.jpg

My setup

track03.jpg

track02.jpg

Some tracks, Deer?

camp09.jpg

Tea on the go

camp11.jpg

camp12.jpg

Ready to leave.

All in all, a great trip. Both thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for looking
Nathan

Last edited:

Puddock

Nomad
Nov 7, 2010
Dumfries and Galloway
Nice pics, looks a great spot - I can't really place it though? I was thinking of maybe doing an overnight in hammocks at Rigg Bay, Garlieston if you fancy it, probably around 6/7 May?

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Looks like a good wee spot ! how did you find the hammocks?

Jason

Was my first full night in a hammock Jason, and I slept like a log. Was a DD Hammock with an army sleep mat and army bag, was warm as toast.

How was the birthday mate?

Nice pics, looks a great spot - I can't really place it though? I was thinking of maybe doing an overnight in hammocks at Rigg Bay, Garlieston if you fancy it, probably around 6/7 May?

It was Kilsture Forest near Garlieston, lovely spot. You've got a date for Rigg Bay. I sent them an email earlier this week and have been given the number of the guy who will show me which areas are of SSSI etc. It is a lovely bay. We'll definitely join you bud.

Dave

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great stuff lads, looks a nice spot for a camp, is there access to the water there ?

Thanks for sharing Nathan

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Excellent stuff troops looks like a good time, love your location(cruggleton!) need to come down sometime to retrace my roots.Sorbie woods used to be good also.

phil

Last edited:

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Great fun Nathan...I've always been the dad...so I hope my kids will remember these days with fondness...Good memories, and life skills to boot...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE