Wedding Present

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Hello all, I haven't posted anything for some time so I thought I'd put up the most recent knife I made for a mate getting married. It's 3mm O1 carbon with a full flat grind done by hand with a file. It took some time I can tell you! We had a bushcraft staggy do and I handed it over to him then. He was loving it, though I'm not sure his wife will appreciate it as much as him...

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics, I still haven't got the time or skill for this side of things. It's got red liners but you can't tell from the blurred handle and the sheath wasn't finished at this stage. It was nice and shiny when finished but I didn't have time to get any photos of it, I was too busy packing kit for the weekend away. :rolleyes:Thanks for looking!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
oooh,..i like the constant curve of the spine on this one,....

how did you get the effect on the blade??

Stu

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Cheers fellas. The scales are corian as it'll be used for a lot of food prep I reckon. The patina was achieved by mixing some vinegar into mustard, cover the blade in mustard and sheistily wrapped cling film to get the pattern and left overnight. I tried it out before handing it over, it battoned seasoned logs with no bother and made a mean featherstick with the full flat grind on 3mm steel. Thanks for the comments gents!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE