Webbing and cinch buckles, where??

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Ok i have tried using the original straps for my hammock and they are a pain.
So i bought a set of whoopie slings and the first time i used them one broke and pulled itself through.

Now im looking for a set of webbing with cinch buckles or easy adjustment but cant find anywhere that sells them.

Can someone please give me a link.

Im looking for the ones that go round the tree and clip with a caribiner and then the cinch buckle down near the hammock.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How did you manage to break a whoopie sling?

What hammock have you got and how did you attach the whoopies?

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I used a metal tube for the tree strop to attach the whoopie but it pulled out somehow and the sling pulled itself right in and i cant get it back out.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I used a metal tube for the tree strop to attach the whoopie but it pulled out somehow and the sling pulled itself right in and i cant get it back out.

Keep pulling at the inside of where it swallowed itself, it will come out eventually with some patience. Its a hard lesson that all have learnt when a bead or stopper isn't used to stop the whoopie swallowing itself.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Can someone give me contact details for Matt on here so i can PM him
The order from Dutch was refunded without reason and now i need to get a set made up before the 25th!!!

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Can someone give me contact details for Matt on here so i can PM him
The order from Dutch was refunded without reason and now i need to get a set made up before the 25th!!!

Why not give Cygnus Sails a ring Rebeldog, they are on Glendon road. They stock all the dyneema you'll need and if they can't make them for you, get them to post the line over to me and I'll make them up, you could even drop the line off to me and pick them up the next day if you want-I'm 10 miles from Kettering.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
+ 1 for teepee!!! The man is a master of all things dyneema!!!

Made a superb of job of mine yesterday and also likes his nice expensive bottles of red ;)

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Thanks for the offer teepee but im getting webbing and cinch buckles from Matt as i think they will be a lot easier for me to use after my bad luck with the previous whoopie slings.
My back hurts just thinking about the fall!!!

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks for the offer teepee but im getting webbing and cinch buckles from Matt as i think they will be a lot easier for me to use after my bad luck with the previous whoopie slings.
My back hurts just thinking about the fall!!!

No worries:) Bring them with you to a meet, either I or someone else should be able to put them back together or at least salvage them.

I think the splice has swallowed itself and needs teasing out. Confidence is important and cinch buckles are good.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Cheers for the offer, i have tried for hours to tease them out but to no avail.
Will bring them to the meet and see if anyone can do it lol
If they can then i will have a set up for swaps!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE