We bought the Delica

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
After looking at 20 odd landrovers and discovering very few were roadworthy (where do these dudes get MOT's from?? :shock: ) we ended up with the Mitsubishi Delica.
2.5 turbo diesel, aircon front & back 2 or 4 WD High & Low ratio, 7 seats that transform into a bed Mint condition 44,000 miles £3200

Check it out !!
36261.jpg

36262.jpg

36263.jpg

36264.jpg

And considering most of the landies we looked at didn't have decent chassis or bulkheads etc...I think we did alright :-D

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I like the personalized number plates!

Oh, and the vehicle is pretty smart too! :lol:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Wayne said:
Nice looking wagon. now my landies poorly i am thinking of getting one myself. i hope i find one half as good as that one. :-D

They're the mutts nuts. And they "Do the business". This is one of the new shape ones if ya want to pay about 6K but you get the Idea

Entermud.jpg

1_Inmud.jpg

1_leavemud.jpg

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
looks like a serious bit of kit dave, can you get off road tyres on it? I'd still look for a cheap landy tho' as that looks a bit too roadworthy for greenlanes :-D My RangeRover cost less than a grand to buy and I've had it for 4 years,only having to spend about 200 quid a year to get it through an MOT.I can abuse it lots and it keeps going!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
bushwacker bob said:
looks like a serious bit of kit dave, can you get off road tyres on it? I'd still look for a cheap landy tho' as that looks a bit too roadworthy for greenlanes :-D My RangeRover cost less than a grand to buy and I've had it for 4 years,only having to spend about 200 quid a year to get it through an MOT.I can abuse it lots and it keeps going!

It has a set of decent "Knobblys" on it I think they're called DUELLER M/T's off the top of my head. We did a little green laning up Grizedale way which was a lot of fun :-D I'm thinking of getting a series 3 landy project next year for serious green laning but for the amount of offroad I do at the moment, she's a beut. Insurance was cheap too. £355 with Tesco's :-D

ANDYLASER

Nomad
Mar 27, 2004
SOUTHAMPTON
Good on ya Dave. We have had ours nearly 2 years now, I think it is an excellent wagon. Dont like the new shaped ones though. We have had the bull bars and steps powder coated black and fitted chunky wheels & tyres on it. Looks much more Tonka toy like now. I'll have to get some pictures of it posted.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
SquirrelBoy said:
WOW they look like serious FUN !!

Where can I buy one, be fantastic for M25 hold ups :eek:):

Have a look on www.mdocuk.co.uk (Delica owners club) They have a forum with a dealers section...The later ones go for about 6K But there's something deeply satisfying about pulling up to a Range Rover and looking DOWN into his cab :-D

We took ours to wales recently, great fun......

deliwales2.jpg

deliwales1.jpg

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Dave - Glad to see you get down and dirty in her.

If it does have the same chassis as the L200 you shouldn't have too many problems in the rough stuff.

Took my work L200 round a BORDA course a while back. I was more scared of scratching the paintwork than suffering damage from the ground. Have driven it round some private quarries too - without any problems (other than thinking the bump on the bonnet was the air intake and having a lucky escape after some wading :oops:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE