Waterproof trews with belt loops?

A few suggestions - although none are exactly what you're after...

Firstly, as most waterproof jackets reach down to your thigh, you could just wear your waterproof trousers just below belt height (leaving your belt accessible).

Alternatively, depending on your budget, have you considered Fjallraven Foresters (ProAdventure currently have an offer on), they are coated in beeswax & parafin which makes them 'very resistant to water & highly dirt repellent'.

Edit: I just noticed that the ProAdventure offer appears to be on 42" & 44" waist only.

Finally, having been on a few courses with Woodlore & Woodsmoke, I have noticed that the instructors frequently wear their belts over their waterproof jackets, leaving the knife etc. accessible (without the use of belt loops).

I hope this helps.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have some Harkila trousers (google 'em) that are great - light, breathable and belt looped (OG). Very spendy though - more hunting than Bushcraft

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've seen some of the higher end trews like Fjallraven, Norrona and Sasta come with belt loops but I thought there might be some cheaper alternatives out there.

Some good suggestions there bushscout1, I'm not into wearing a belt over a coat though and sometimes I wouldn't be wearing one anyway whilst paddling. I suppose I could just wear a belt over my waterproofs anyway thinking about it.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Try having a look at Jack Pyke kit they do a waterproof trouser with loops I think and reasonably priced too.

Cheers Sniper, I was looking at those on fleabay. Are they any good does anyone know ?

I'd be wearing them for paddling my canoe so they would be pretty much constanty wet on the knee.

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
There's always the alternative of a baldric for your knife. It could be worn under or over your jacket as needed. Could be quite useful for wearing with waterproofs

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
I have some Harkila trousers (google 'em) that are great - light, breathable and belt looped (OG). Very spendy though - more hunting than Bushcraft

yowsers :yikes: for that price i would expect to go deep sea diving in them. Looks very good though, not sure that i would wear them for everyday bimbling though, would be to worried that i ripped them LOL

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
Aldi often have waterproof trousers in for under a tenner. They're 'Teflon' treated and 'Thinsulate' insulated, and as they have a silky liner they feel quite sensual!

Jim

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
yowsers :yikes: for that price i would expect to go deep sea diving in them. Looks very good though, not sure that i would wear them for everyday bimbling though, would be to worried that i ripped them LOL

I confess I traded for my suit...it is amazingly light and dry (also quiet which is good). I could never have brought myself to pay money for it!

Great gear though!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Harkila or Seeland...if you have the dosh!

What clothing do you types wear as Normal?
I was at work today (support work for Mencap) wearing Fjallraven trousers, Tilley Bush Shirt, Andywinnk Ventile Smock, Amazon Boots,and a Tilley hat..... carrying a Fjallraven Vintage daysack...and we went no furthur than the town centre...
Normal for me.......

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Iv`e got a pair of water proof Crag hoppers mine are black though, very good re¬enforced knees and bottom leg pocket on both legs not quite map size but very useable, I bought them from the Cragg hoppers web site for about twenty four pounds, very good and they are quiter then gortex trues,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE