Waterproof jacket recommendations

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Im after a new walking jacket! The criteria is:

Waterproof
breathable
Good wired peak hood to stop most of the water hitting my glasses!
At least one good sized pocket
Average length
Mid weight
£150 quid to spend

Any recommendations?

It''ll be for hill walking rather than bushcrafty stuff so doesnt need to be super robust.

cheers all

Jammbo

Waldganger

Forager
Aug 13, 2009
Esperance, WA
I have a Huski shell that is 100% waterproof, that cost me about 110AUD (so maybe 50GBP) a few years ago. Haven't been able to find it online (looked for reference) but it is the goods.

Has underarm vents, but I wouldn't say its particularly breathable. Better than some though

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
The Montane Superfly XT is an excellent walking jacket. The material is eVent, the dark parts of the jacket are reinforced to offset the use of a rucksack, its also got a 2 way main zip and 4 pockets, two of which are very large.

I've been in appalling weather for 12+ hours and remained dry, the hood is particularly good as not only is it wired, its also got adjustment for how close the wearer wants, to allow for the use of headwear or helmet.

I've seen them on sale for £150, which is what I paid.

It packs small and light enough to carry with a pair of Berghaus Deluge Trousers in an Eagle Creek 'Cube' without feeling like a dead weight! Mine still gets mistaken for a new jacket because I take care of it and want it to last a long time.

It works for me.

montsuperflyxt.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE