Water Bottle Pouches - PLCE Compatible

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Anyone know where i can get a couple of water bottle pouches, preferably PLCE compatible (going to use with Sabre 45), have tried everywhere to date, i have the PLCE side pockets but they are huge and miles to big for a couple of water bottles, i usually use the side pockets with the sabre for weekend trips, food, cook gear etc, so was thinking that a couple of water bottle pouches would be better suited for day trips.

Thanks for your help in advance

Mark

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Sorry mate but I'm pretty sure you can't fit the PLCE water bottle pouches to the Sabres. The PLCE water bottle pouch attach to webbing not the issue bergen so doesn't have zips/clips.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Beer Monster said:
Sorry mate but I'm pretty sure you can't fit the PLCE water bottle pouches to the Sabres. The PLCE water bottle pouch attach to webbing not the issue bergen so doesn't have zips/clips.
:( :( :( :(

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You may be able to Jury Rig them on though, but I don't know what it would look like in the end. They have a few loops on the water bottle pouch and the large padded flap that secures the pouch to the belt. Also, there are a few loops on the sides of the pouches that us Bill Oddies use to pull the webbing in tight with a few bungees. These could also help in tying them on with a bit of paracord or a couple of zip ties.

The utility pouch may be better suited to it though. Its basically the same size, in fact I don't think there is a difference apart from you don't get the divider inside and the securing pad is changed for two individual straps. There are also extra bits on the top edge for putting straps of the webbings' main yoke through.

I'd say, get to a moot and have a look at somebody's pouches, or look in your local surplus store and see if it is possible for you to tie them on. It could be a good modification!!

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I attach PLCE water bottle pouches to either side of my Berghaus Munro when I need more capacity.
I believe that the Munro has similar side compression/load straps to the Sabre.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
lostplanet said:
doesnt the sabre 45 have two pockets at the bottom of where the side pouches go?
i couldnt see in the pictures at karrimor, on my sabre 30 the 58 waterbottles fit in those pockets and are held in securely by the straps.
http://www.assj21.dsl.pipex.com/rucsacsabre30.htm

HTH

Nope no side pockets at all, only the PLCE pockets, will have to get myself off to a surplus store to see what they have and jury rig them per Spammels suggestion i think

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Got round my problem, bought a couple of PLCE folding spade covers from Soldier of Fortune, they fit the PLCE clips on my Sabre perfectly, the compression strap from the sack goes through a loop on the rear of the cover, and my nato bottles fit perfectly inside the cover - job done :)

Thanks for your help guys

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
nice one, good to know. i did look at medics pouches but then realised they were exactly the same size and normal pouches, doh.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE