Watch and Enjoy!!

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I have used a mixture for some time mixing pure beezwax,linseed oil and pure turpentine together ,very good and inexpensive treatmant.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...A person's video channel gives a lot of insight into their thoughts and motivations. The text on the cottage restoration appears to be a poem. It'd be interesting to read it but my Latvian is non-existent and Google translate does it no favours..."

These are the lyrics for a song sung by Edgars Liepinš, a Latvian actor and singer, whether he wrote the song or it is an older folk song or rhyme I do not know.

However you can listen to him sing it here.

:)

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I dont think so !you can mix 3 equal parts it should be pure turpentine that u can get in an artist shop not the stuff from B&Q for cleaning your brushes.

logjacob

Feb 4, 2012
Latvia
Hi There.

Thanks for enjoying our work here.
The beeswax, linseed oil and turpentine is been boiled together in correct proportions it is very good mixture for treating wood and steel either. It has been used here for many years as the natural treatment to the wood and steel.

I will try to translate the song words for the cabin movie (if there is some grammar mistakes - please correct me). Edgars Liepinš (latvian actor, singer and comic) performed this song. It is old folk song:

I will build a cabin in the woods for you
For both of us to stay

I will warm you in the freezy winter nights there
And in the summers heat it will be cool

I am not like everyone else
Who rambles around in the pubs

I just drink one small cup of beer
And peacefully lay down in my small bed

And if you were by my side
Then our happiness will have no borders

Then both of us in pure joy
Will enjoy the night in threesome

Song about the love
I would softly sing for you

Who rambles around in the pubs

All the best

Jacob

P.S. I will try to post this evening a 2nd (the last one) part of our movie - it will be about chisel making.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the translation.

The only bit I'd question would be this:

Then both of us in pure joy
Will enjoy the night in threesome

In English 'threesome' tends to imply what the French would call a "Ménage à trois". Possibly not quite what is meant by the lyrics?

I could be wrong though in which case I need to sort out a trip to Latvia quickish :D

P.S. I will try to post this evening a 2nd (the last one) part of our movie - it will be about chisel making.

Call me childish but I'm really looking forward to this!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks for that. :)

"...(if there is some grammar mistakes - please correct me)..."

I offer these suggestions.

"I will warm you in the freezing winter nights there"

"Who rambles around in the pubs" I don't think 'rambles' is the word you are looking for, "hangs" may be more appropriate.

"I drink just one small mug of beer"

"Will enjoy the night in together" Together may be a better choice, threesome has quite a different meaning in English.

"Love songs
I would softly sing for you"

Who hangs around in the pubs

"...I will try to post this evening a 2nd (the last one) part of our movie - it will be about chisel making..."

I look forward to it.

Edited to add:

Huon beat me to it. :p

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain

I offer these suggestions.

"I will warm you in the freezing winter nights there"

"Who rambles around in the pubs" I don't think 'rambles' is the word you are looking for, "hangs" may be more appropriate.

"I drink just one small mug of beer"

"Will enjoy the night in together" Together may be a better choice, threesome has quite a different meaning in English.

"Love songs
I would softly sing for you"

Who hangs around in the pubs

I look forward to it.

Edited to add:

Huon beat me to it. :p

Although without such a comprehensive correction. I am too lazy - sorry.

I didn't ask before Sandbender but did you already know the song Jacob quoted? If yes, I have to ask do you speak Latvian?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I didn't ask before Sandbender but did you already know the song Jacob quoted? If yes, I have to ask do you speak Latvian?..."

No, just a bit of google-fu.

I have enough bother with Hungarian, no, I do not speak Latvian. :)

"...Thanks for enjoying our work here..."

Your web site isn't up and running yet is there somewhere I can read a little more about your 'work' there?

Last edited:

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I enjoyed that, I'd be curious to Know about the comb honey treatment of the chisel, just a nice finish or are there other reasons?

logjacob

Feb 4, 2012
Latvia
I enjoyed that, I'd be curious to Know about the comb honey treatment of the chisel, just a nice finish or are there other reasons?

There are no honey inside the combs, it is only bees wax left. At first the steel after hardening (while it is hot) is being threaten with bees wax and then a bit later when it becomes warm with turpentine and linseed oil mix. So it gives the black look of the forged surface and also works as the treatment for anti rust.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
There are no honey inside the combs, it is only bees wax left. At first the steel after hardening (while it is hot) is being threaten with bees wax and then a bit later when it becomes warm with turpentine and linseed oil mix. So it gives the black look of the forged surface and also works as the treatment for anti rust.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Another great video! I'm seeing a pattern emerge with the music! Bon Iver really suits that type of film.

Love the laser etching of the logo on the handle - looks like something off star wars!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE