Warm Beanie hat?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Keeping and eye on this thread. Having tried all the thinsulate jobbies and a lot of the even cheaper ones I find they all itch like no-ones business.
Would just like a thin`ish merino one rather than the thicker Uncle ray one.

My 'Uncle Ray one' packs down small enough and is always with me in the winter months however a smaller alternative that I use is the Woolpower 200gm ski mask, it rolls up into a beanie and packs away to virtually nothing.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Keeping and eye on this thread. Having tried all the thinsulate jobbies and a lot of the even cheaper ones I find they all itch like no-ones business.
Would just like a thin`ish merino one rather than the thicker Uncle ray one.

You should try the smartwool merino ribbed beanie, which is used by chris townsend, who does a fair bit of walking!
Its tight on the noggin, can be pulled down, over the ears, and doesnt encourage you to sweat your nads off, after youve walked a few hundred yards. Like a thicker one would. It breahes really well and is nice and soft and thin but warm.

I keep it together with the merino buff in my smock pocket, which can be pulled up and over your neck and ears, and over your head to cover the entire beanie, just leaving your face showing if it gets colder.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE