Wanted: Vango Force 10 Mk5 std

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Bit of a long shot here I suspect, but anyone interested in a swapping a Vango force 10 Mk5 std with a Hilleberg Nallo 2.

The Hilleberg is the older model (both hoops the same height). The tent itself is in very good condition, and still watertight, but the groundsheet seems to have reached a stage where kneeling on it allows dampness to come through.

If anyone is interested I can sort out some pictures, or if you are in the Somerset area, arrange to see it.

I may have other things to add to the swap if you consider your Mk5 exceeds the value of the Nallo.

Graham

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Obviously no takers for this, but as its had a few views does that suggest that there are some MK 5's out there if the deal was right?

If that is the case I would be interested in a PM to discuss an alternative deal.

Thanks,

Graham

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Classic tent, bomb proof and will still be standing when many of the 'state of the art' modern tents are flat. Keep an eye on eBay, £100-£175 depending on condidtion.

Thanks Richard,

I've spent many a night in a MK3, and maybe its my age, but I have a hankering to that feeling of that "Bombproofness" and simplicity that I think I remember, but with something I don't need to crawl into :).

I'm just a bit concerned that it might still prove too small now that we have got used to things slightly bigger.

Its more a nostalgia thing that I was hoping to deal with by swapping something for one. Hence avoiding spending any more money on bits of kit, especially if I end up only using it a couple of times. She who must be obeyed might be keener on the extra space of our other tents given she has no Force Ten nostalgia.

Graham

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thanks Richard,

I've spent many a night in a MK3, and maybe its my age, but I have a hankering to that feeling of that "Bombproofness" and simplicity that I think I remember, but with something I don't need to crawl into :).

I'm just a bit concerned that it might still prove too small now that we have got used to things slightly bigger.

Its more a nostalgia thing that I was hoping to deal with by swapping something for one. Hence avoiding spending any more money on bits of kit, especially if I end up only using it a couple of times. She who must be obeyed might be keener on the extra space of our other tents given she has no Force Ten nostalgia.

Graham

The Mk3 is too small but the Mk5 is big enough not to have to crawl into.

My little boy is about 6' 3" to show scale on this Mk5

DSCF2843Small.jpg

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
The Mk3 is too small but the Mk5 is big enough not to have to crawl into.

Thanks for the picture, it's always useful to see the tent in context. Although I have seen and used lots of MK3s, and been in several MkK4s, I'm not aware of ever being in a MK5.

Graham

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I hope you get on, they are a great tent and easy to pitch on your own, and certainly a heck of a lot easier than a couple of dome tents I have to solo pitch.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE