Wanted: Somebody to do me a knife...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I was looking at a helle harding but I've got some overtime in at work and now have a little more to spend so I'm going to open this out to the floor and see what is about for me to buy or for somebody to make for me. I'm after a goot bushcraft knife for general use. I have an axe so it doesn't have to be a monster. It'll get some battoning and I find stainless harder to sharpen so I'd prefer to avoid that. I expect I'll go down the standard woodlore clone route but I'm open to other ideas. I use a clipper atm and do find that ideal - a similar handle but something a bit chunkier and full tang would be nice. Got about £100 to spend but will go a little bit more for the right thing.

I know I could just stick to the clipper and keep the pennies but I don't often spend much on kit and something really nice would be cool to have.

So. Over to all you tallented makers. What can you do for me?

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Mace, there are a lot of talented knife makers out there, and I don't profess to be one of them, so my post isn't to offer you my knife making 'talent'.

Just a note really to suggest that if you're going to request a custom made knife then you really need to be clear in your mind's eye the exact specs. So if you want a woodlore clone style, have you handled a few to see if it fits your hand well? You don't want to splash out £100 just to find the knife someone makes for you doesnt suit you.

Good luck on your quest.

Have a look at singeblisters knives (john) ive got a few now and really like them, it was made to fit my hand also,

here >www.millington-design.co.uk

Andy
Happy to take commissions but i don't do wood lore clones sorry :)
I have a couple like the one in the pic in stock but in snake wood if your interested drop me a pm
DSCF4964.jpg

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Mace, there are a lot of talented knife makers out there, and I don't profess to be one of them, so my post isn't to offer you my knife making 'talent'.

Just a note really to suggest that if you're going to request a custom made knife then you really need to be clear in your mind's eye the exact specs. So if you want a woodlore clone style, have you handled a few to see if it fits your hand well? You don't want to splash out £100 just to find the knife someone makes for you doesnt suit you.

Good luck on your quest.

Thanks for the advice. At the moment I'm seeing what's out there and then going to go into more depth with anybody who'll need the info

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE