Wanted-snugpak sleeka elite (softie jacket) xl

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Not to insult your intelligence but, I have an old sleeka and the newer issue bivvy jacket in large (i am XL)and unless you are sitting around doing nothing much, Jeez they are warm! to the point of mobile sauna.

My craghopper kiwi shirt from damp first thing in the morning to virtually dry in 20 mins just mooching about packing stuff. So maybe a norgi equivalent may suit if you are on the move?

can't rate woolpower (ulfrotte) enough, have a 200g turtle neck and is well worth the money.

Not to insult your intelligence but, I have an old sleeka and the newer issue bivvy jacket in large (i am XL)and unless you are sitting around doing nothing much, Jeez they are warm! to the point of mobile sauna.

My craghopper kiwi shirt from damp first thing in the morning to virtually dry in 20 mins just mooching about packing stuff. So maybe a norgi equivalent may suit if you are on the move?

can't rate woolpower (ulfrotte) enough, have a 200g turtle neck and is well worth the money.

As posted above I am open to suggestions. I need a lightweight option and it must be packable. It will be used on an arctic circle trip in May and I have to keep baggage weight down. I have thought about a down body warmer or jacket too but think the softie jacket ticks all the boxes. I will probally hole it with fire embers too.

Thanks for the input

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I would say xl would be a good fit, not loose but that maybe an advantage of keeping you warmer.

Also take advice from the pros here as i am just a local woods type of scrafter.

Your outing sounds a lot more serious than i am used to!

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Yea that sounds like a good deal, I paid £40 for my jacket and £20 for the trouser new.

I have the trousers too. I like them and they are warm and not too bulky. The only thing is with the trousers is the waist is elasticated so adding a draw cord and cord lock
is my next alteration. They are a size large as well with room, waist is 16 inches across extended to 23 inches stretched. Inside leg measures 29 but the crotch is low. top of waistbnand to crotch measures 16 inches.

I measured my Large issue bivvy jacket pit to pit is 25 inches,

Yea that sounds like a good deal, I paid £40 for my jacket and £20 for the trouser new.

I have the trousers too. I like them and they are warm and not too bulky. The only thing is with the trousers is the waist is elasticated so adding a draw cord and cord lock
is my next alteration. They are a size large as well with room, waist is 16 inches across extended to 23 inches stretched. Inside leg measures 29 but the crotch is low. top of waistbnand to crotch measures 16 inches.

I measured my Large issue bivvy jacket pit to pit is 25 inches,

Thanks for your efforts LP, I really appreciate it. Gonna get the Jacket and trews.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE