WANTED SAS ammo pouch

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
(SWAP NOW IN PROGRESS)

Hi after this army pouch, in any condition (i.e. with worn material, holes bit's missing etc)
just wondered as people have all sorts in the back of cupboards getting dusty!;)
like this one:
f6d9_1_b.JPG

(I know you can buy them, but I'd rather do a deal that will help a fellow Bushcrafter :beerchug: )

Cheers
Rich:)
I have loads of bits to swap

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
no idea about the older sas ones but standard 58 pattern webbing is still available at places like elliot military etc.
silvermans might be a place to try, perhaps even endicotts?

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
How's this?

p5180197.jpg

I did a pic from the front too, but I've lost it :rolleyes: . The pouch was from Survival Aids a looooong time ago, but has never been used apart from a bit of posing around the house.

Claudiasboris

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Pouch was posted this morning. Hopefully you'll get it on Tuesday, due to the Bank Holiday. Sorry that I couldn't get to post it earlier.

Claudiasboris

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Pouch was posted this morning. Hopefully you'll get it on Tuesday, due to the Bank Holiday. Sorry that I couldn't get to post it earlier.

Claudiasboris

that's ok mate,
I haven't got to the post office yet myself, (mostly due to loads of work and Kids!:aargh4: )
but I'll post your package this afternoon) (I've been allowed out!:sigh: )
Cheers
Rich

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Claudiasboris
Sorry forgot to say, your swap was posted yesterday!
should be with you in a day or two!

Cheers
Rich

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Incidentally they are designed to seperate (the originals anyway, I'm not sure if the Survival Aids copies do). If you unpick the stitches between the pouches two sections there's just a thin tape at the top which is easily cut through. I picked up a damaged pair when I was making up a belt order for the eldest lad to play in and being for smaller mags they don't look over large on a (then) 8 year old.

ATB

Tom

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Incidentally they are designed to seperate (the originals anyway, I'm not sure if the Survival Aids copies do). If you unpick the stitches between the pouches two sections there's just a thin tape at the top which is easily cut through.

Tom

Not quite understood:dunno: , do you mean so you'd have 2 separate pouches? or 1 large one?

either way it seems pretty well thought out, you'd then all of a sudden have a much bigger pouch for machine gun link or two smaller pouches would be useful too.
(not that I'm going to do that):rolleyes:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Sorry!, I should have been clearer, you end up with two small pouches. Heres a pic

Ladsblt.jpg

There used to be a altimeter pouch insted of a 58 pat compass pouch but at Beltring one year a chap offered him 15 quid for it! The belt is a 44 pat with the centre section cut down and the various gubbins removed. The SAS pouches had the drop loops damaged so I cut them off and sewed tape over the raw ends..

ATB

Tom

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Pouch/es recieved from Claudiasboris today:notworthy

thanks for the explanation tombear, I can't see myself doing it but always useful to know! shame about the altimeter pouch!:censored:

So READY? (on the pouch back) what for?;)

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
READY is our totally inappropriate surname since we never are, well not without me screaming alot and running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

That altimeter case has a rust stain on it, I kept the minter... ;-{D)

ATB

Tom

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
READY is our totally inappropriate surname since we never are, well not without me screaming alot and running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Oh no!:lmao: I had a friend with surname "Pardon" you can imagine the problems he had at school especially during registration!

That altimeter case has a rust stain on it, I kept the minter... ;-{D)
A-ha a wise move! I've done that with a few bit's of kit myself!;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE