Wanted oil lamp

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I am looking for an oil lamp. An old or repro brass type would be good

Anyone?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Loads down here the last one we bought and its proper, £12 and it gives off a lovely glowing light if you pm me exactly what your after with price I'll have a look for you.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Charity shops, junk/antique shops, car boots are all good to look into for oil lamps, we have a quite a few... Some we paid as little as £3 for, others closer to £35.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
A selection of a few lamps I have collected

11392465605_8a201ea69a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
11392474426_d6659441d7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
11392474676_3d088686f6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Got to be careful not to have them in one place too often as they will cause a stain on the ceiling, the middle one was about £3 the right hand one £35

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
Have a look in the Antique shops in Horncastle, loads there, try the Old Co-op one first. If you go over give me a shout and I'll pop over for a coffee with you.

Rev G

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Had a look today fi will post the pics soon, one is very similar to your middle one £25 and the other has the shade around very nice, both have the all round wick 2nd one £29.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Have a look in the Antique shops in Horncastle, loads there, try the Old Co-op one first. If you go over give me a shout and I'll pop over for a coffee with you.

Rev G

Is that the one where everything's stacked up and theres loads of china on trestle tables in the yard?

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
The small one on the left in the fourth picture is identical to one of our glass ones, I am pretty sure we paid a fiver for ours though, one of the local charity hospice shops had it.

xylaria

The small one on the left in the fourth picture is identical to one of our glass ones, I am pretty sure we paid a fiver for ours though, one of the local charity hospice shops had it.

They haven't got them for a fiver, more like £22. The really nice art deco blue glass one is the most expensive at £42. I got a little white painted glass for £10 from them, woodstock got a big ugly orange one for £15. The woman does check they are in working order before selling them. The big brass one in the fist picture is £28 and the big orange one 25. Orange does give a lovely light but doesnt look fit with modern taste.

Last edited:

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Some of the "original" ones with shades on we saw going for in excess of £100 or more, picked up some nice small ones for use instead of candles at bed time, not that we use them at bedtime though :eek:.

Strange how these things have come around again.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Here we go ammanford antique shop. [I have got very annoyed editting this post to make photobucket work grrrrggrrrr]

http://

I've got one very similar to this one (the base is slightly different) but I bought it new at Walmart a few years ago.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE