Wanted Norrona

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 16, 2006
Essex
Well I am a bit new on here but having lurked for a few days you seem friendly enough :)

I know that really this should go in the Classifieds section but as a Newbie I think I am not allowed to post there. (Good idea as it stops people just coming on here to sell things).

Anyway, I am desperate to purchase a Norrona Jacket as I have heard so many great things about them, especially the Recon. I see that they are for sale on raymears.com but the £305 inc postage is a fee I would pay but only after exploring all other avenues.

So if anyone wants to sell one in size L/XL please let me know.

In addition if anyone has any views on this manufacturer's equipment I would appreciate your views.

Thanks

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Charlie_Croker said:
Well I am a bit new on here but having lurked for a few days you seem friendly enough :)

I know that really this should go in the Classifieds section but as a Newbie I think I am not allowed to post there. (Good idea as it stops people just coming on here to sell things).

Anyway, I am desperate to purchase a Norrona Jacket as I have heard so many great things about them, especially the Recon. I see that they are for sale on raymears.com but the £305 inc postage is a fee I would pay but only after exploring all other avenues.

So if anyone wants to sell one in size L/XL please let me know.

In addition if anyone has any views on this manufacturer's equipment I would appreciate your views.

Thanks

You are allowed to post in the Classifieds area, just become a BCUK full member ;)

Other thing you could, without breaking forum rules is just to plunge in, join the discussions, share your knowledge and add in your signature a small add with the text: Wanted: Norrona jacket in size L/XL.
Nothing more, nothing less. By posting and actively joining the forum you make more posts, and these got read by more people - hence increased chance someon can help you ;)

Classified section rules: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=10086
Can't find anything, and can't remember any precedent that states the Classified section is also meant for asked for items ... :confused:
Maybe Admin should have a look at this, if there's time ;)

So I reckon you get away with it this time (we're indeed friendly, and since you're not really familiar with how things go here), you'd better contact a Mod next time though.

Welcome to the forums BTW :D, Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Welcome / introduction section :p and have a happy time on BCUK!
:beerchug:

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Welcome to the forum Charlie.

There is an existing thread which discusses this jacket here:

Norrona Recon

The RM price is not so bad given that it costs €499/ around £340 direct from them.

The direct link for the jacket from Norrøna is here;

Norrøna - Recon Jacket

I see they have redesigned their web site.

Dommyracer brought one recently from eBay for £162 which is probably the best place to look for lower prices. They are difficult to find ;)

There are a lot of cheaper, very decent alternatives out there, most of which have been well analysed on this forum. Check out older threads in Kit Chatter etc.

Good luck with the search :)

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Charlie_Croker said:
Cheers for the info

I am off to introduce myself!

Before yopu commit to Norrona, cherck out Harkila jackets, particularly the extreme and lappmark models. They are tough cotton outer, with goretex lining. They sales pitch hypes them as tough, sparkproof, breathable and waterproof.

Run in at about the same money as the norrona and I've seen them in online catalogues for UK stalking supplies.

Not tested, dont have a personal recommendation, but they look good.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Charlie_Croker said:
Martin, thanks some of that stuff looks awesome, has anyone used it or can recommend it?

I've never seen it mentioned before. I am tempted by the lappmark myself, but it's expensive kit.

Perhaps some of the stalking newsgroups might know more about it?

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I did indeed get very lucky with my second hand Recon.

I think it was worn once or twice on the football terrace and thats about it. It was basically brand new.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE