WANTED Lowe alpine sting In OD

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Thanks for the link Silverhill, that is a really really good price !

I've been out this morning stomping around with my heavily loaded LA Strike, it's much more comfortable than I expected it to be by loooking at it.
Looks to me like the sting is bigger than 75L, or more than a quarter as big again as the strike, what do you say Silverhill ?

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
VAT has not been added to the Silverhills yet you need to add £11.39 plus P&P it comes in at £68.39, F&T is £63 delivered.

I really would prefer one in OD but I can't find a link to buy it anyway :(

Wen I try to view the item I get a "500 internal server error" message.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Apparently not, if any mods want to close this thread I won't grumble.

Last edited:

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
So Silverhill tell me why you love your Sting so much ?

In the words of Charlie Sheen: "What's not to love?"

The Sting is an excellent piece of kit mate, it's my preferred load carrier for the following reasons;

The padding on the straps is excellent. Possibly not quite on a par with that of the Berghaus Vulcan, but certainly superior to the Karrimor's which I have used as a yardstick/comparison based upon my prior purchases before coming to LA/
The Sting seems to swallow gear. I'm sure its a 55ltr, but seems way bigger IMHO and has replaced my Vulcan for all but the biggest of trips.
It's compatible with the Predator side pockets, which I originally purchased when I went down the Karrimor route.
The hip belt is very good, if anything could be a little more padded, but generally better than many civvy offerings, and it's actually practical (unlike the Tecmac and Predator).
The molle panel can be used to customise the pack almost infinitely. I purchased my sting S/H from Johnboy, who had two water bottle pouches made for it, which must increase the capacity to nearer 90 litres. I never get anywhere near this as I use Predator side pockets and leave off the aforementioned water bottle carriers. I guess that's why I revert to the Strike when warmer weather comes around, and I no longer need my winter schlafsack.

Overall, it feels like it can carry the gear for the stated capacity. A rarity in many packs these days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE