Wanted; half a metre of RAF Blue waterproof fabric

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I bought a set of RAF raingear at a market in York for HWMBLT. The jacket and trousers are goretex, excellent in every way, except there is no hood. The jacket is meant to be worn with a 'cover', a hat.
I need to make a hood for it, and though I have loads of waterproof fabric I have none in this blue.
It's a good colour too; not 'military' iimmc, but a kind of civillian acceptable blue jacket colour.

I only need enough to make a hood, and it doesn't need to be goretex, just waterproof and of a matching shade/tone. Doesn't need to be exact, just enough that it looks like it belongs.

Happy to pay postage and offer something suitable for barter :D

cheers,
M

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I have a few RAF blue working shirts blue, not water proff but you could use it ( if the right colour ) to cover some water proff stuff?

Yours if you can use them.

a4yduqe6.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
SS, that's the colour :D and I thank you for the offer.

If I can't get hold of anything waterproof, may I take you up on it ? I could always wax the fabric and line it with a lightweight waterproof layer.
He rarely wears a hood up, but this is just to stop the rain running down the back of his neck.

atb,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you both :D

Yeah, but I'm his missus and it'll irritate me if they're not close :eek:
If I can find something that looks like it 'belongs' I'll be quite happy though :)

cheers,
M

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
why not buy another jacket or a knackered one just for the fabric? plenty on evilbay, these jackets cost nothing really (like most of the clothing stuff we got issued) n it will look alot better than some mis-matching stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Because even if it's only a fiver for a second hand jacket, and a fiver for the p&p, that still it makes a tenner for what could be dead goretex.

No point in using that for a hood. The set I bought was new, unissued, still in it's factory packaging.

Something will turn up that's just right....the pertex that Gailainne linked to is the front runner so far :)

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE