Wanted: GPS unit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Hi all

Am due to go out on a trip with a load of students and my gps has died...anyone have one that's sitting in a drawer getting dusty? If so let me know

Cheers all j

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Can't help with a spare unit but if your mobile phone is GPS enabled there's an app called OS Locate that will give you a grid ref, amongst other things. That with a paper map help?

Morning matey, cheers for that. I have tried looking at phone apps, I looked at ViewRanger but the cost of maps for the app is a bit steep. I wanted to the guys something with waypoints to follow...you might be right, back to maps might be an option

Cheers j

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Gives the option to export them but not sure about importing them.
I have a Garmin Oregon 450 I might part with but not sure on the value.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
It has basic UK and Euro mapping included but I paid a subscription to add birdseye maps. What sort of price you looking to pay.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
...I'm still looking everyone! Happy to pay or swap for one. Have no idea how much so you'll have to give me an idea! My old one was a garmin 12xl that I'd had for ages!

Cheers j

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiWhite

Nomad
Apr 1, 2007
Deepest North Hampshire
Morning UncleBoob,

i have an old Garmin GPS III sitting gathering dust - I know it has a 12v power lead and a mounting cradle as well. No idea of value however - I'll dig it out later and ensure it works.

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
I have an old Etrex Venture I dug out. Hasn't been used for a few years but just put batteries in and it seems fine. With a nice little Garmin case. Would swap for a half decent knife or cookset stuff ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE