WANTED Good quality rotary punch

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I need a leather punch for a craft group at college.

My spare is a heap of junk. Im not lending them my decent one...Oh no!

I asked them what budget they had, (pointing out the punch can be used on things other than leather) and they said nothing.

(I mean the budget is nothing, not that they were silent...)

Has any one a decent rotary punch? (not a dodgy one, that would be pointless) I have, as usual, lots to trade.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
This is the one I've been using for a couple of years, without any problems. Cheap to buy, but I've found it very sturdy (though I know you said you don't want one of this style).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-5-HEAVY...UK_Crafts_Leathercraft_LE&hash=item2c74f7c64b

Only thing is that it can't readily punch holes far from the edge of the leather, so I do have one of the multi-punch sets from LePrevo that does need to be hammered in.

The plier is nice because it is quick to use.

It's worth keeping the punches sharpened. I use a DC4 stone on the outside, with a fine jewellers round file to take off any burrs on the inside of the punch.

Geoff

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ive got a punch set for at home. I could use them in college but would be dubious about the integrity of the tables.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
This is the one I've been using for a couple of years, without any problems. Cheap to buy, but I've found it very sturdy (though I know you said you don't want one of this style).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-5-HEAVY...UK_Crafts_Leathercraft_LE&hash=item2c74f7c64b

Only thing is that it can't readily punch holes far from the edge of the leather, so I do have one of the multi-punch sets from LePrevo that does need to be hammered in.

The plier is nice because it is quick to use.

It's worth keeping the punches sharpened. I use a DC4 stone on the outside, with a fine jewellers round file to take off any burrs on the inside of the punch.

Geoff

Certainly looks more 'beefy'. I might get one of those.

I've had to resort to using the punches from the rubbish rotary one I had in my power drill.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE