wanted fuel bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Autumn Stone

Jul 16, 2007
East Sussex
Hi Sam,
Sorry for the late reply. Have you gaffered up a bottle yet. Yeah had to cut about an inch of my hair after the fire ball. If you do go for the trangia meths bottle the half litre should be fine. It lasts ages as long as you keep the wind off and an extra litre bottle in your sack can be a bit annoying.

see look how happy I am with mine, haha

matt.jpg

Autumn Stone

Jul 16, 2007
East Sussex
Hey Sam, did you get one of those bottles from ASDA. Any good? Gonna get over to ASDA and grab a few for spares.

2 weeks to go. Pretty excited now. Tested out my Hammock now with My Surplus Basha. Its exactly the same length. Well annoying. Not sure whether to get the DD one as its 20 cms longer on both sides. But only think Id use it with my hammock as I like my Basha, plus more money and more kit is to much for my brain haha. Maybe I could rig up some leafy branches over each end.

Take it easy

Matt

lo matt
nope didnt get one as the asda in biggleswade(nearest one to me) didnt have any in stock so back to the joys of pop bottles and gaffa tape for me
i use a british surplus poncho with my hammock and so far that has served me well. with the adding of a couple of drip lines i have yet to have any problems
two weeks and counting im really starting to P people off about it now :)
regards
Sam

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I have a thing about the right tool for the job so I would prefer to use a purpose designed bottle to carry around my highly flammable smelly meths but if money is tight and you are going to use a plastic bottle then maybe an empty mouthwash bottle would suit the job. They have a safety cap so they should not open in your pack. I would still use the gaffer tape to identify the bottle though.

Leezo

On a new journey
May 5, 2008
GeordieLand
Hi mate,
Have no fear you shall have your bottle next week. I am going into the loft tomorrow so will get the bottle out for you. PM me ur address

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
I have a thing about the right tool for the job so I would prefer to use a purpose designed bottle to carry around my highly flammable smelly meths but if money is tight and you are going to use a plastic bottle then maybe an empty mouthwash bottle would suit the job. They have a safety cap so they should not open in your pack. I would still use the gaffer tape to identify the bottle though.
I have recently found some industrial meths (clear, not dyed), and at the moment, I'm using Listerine total care mouthwash (pale purple), so my meths looks like water, and my mouthwash looks like meths !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE