WANTED cheapo hatchet!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Any kitmonsters got an old hatchet out there they don't want? Am broke so looking between £5-£10 (big ask I know but worth a try) wooden handled preferably, will take a look at if even if it's rusty or the edge needs some work!!
Cheers in advance
Will

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Any kitmonsters got an old hatchet out there they don't want? Am broke so looking between £5-£10 (big ask I know but worth a try) wooden handled preferably, will take a look at if even if it's rusty or the edge needs some work!!
Cheers in advance
Will

Try Homebase they used to have hatchets c. £15

It's what I use and once sharpened they're great.

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
I got mine off the local flea market for £3 brand new so they'd be worth a look. Wilkinson's do one with a steel tube'd handle for under a fiver iirc but I'm not sure what they'd be like to use. You'll find they frobably want a good sharpen too, mine was positively blunt.

hth, i know exactly how you feel.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Centurion do an interesting little hatchet they call a 'handy axe', catalogue no. AX07 I think. It's got a hollow yellow plastic handle that wraps around the head. Needs a fair amount of bevel-filing to get anywhere near useful. The steel is perhaps a little soft but I'm still evaluating and modifying. Certainly works for splitting. Street price is about £8 I think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE