wannigan box

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
hi, i,m looking for a wannigan for the canoe ,does anybody use these or know of any supplier /maker in the uk.thanks

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Try your local B&Q, or similar store. My local B&Q has a fantastic range of boxes, some of them with waterproof seals, but they tend to be more expensive.

directdrive

Forager
Oct 22, 2005
USA
Hi: Google "wannigan" . There are a number of sites that carry them and many are shaped to fit a canoe's curvature. If you want to make your own, plans are available as well.
I've made one for my canoe out of juniper. It fits the curvature of the hull of my canoe. Wasn't difficult to make. I made the damned thing because I was going crazy every time I opened the plastic container I had previously used as a "chuck box" to carry my kitchen gear and such. I'd open the #!!*^%#! thing and all it's contents were mixed up and turned topsy-turvy. Enevitably, I'd wind up digging all the way to the bottom for something that should have been on the top! The Wannigan I made has three trays fitting inside it. Each tray is devoted to a specific type thing with all the frying pans and large things on the bottom.
I'd show everyone a picture of it but I am hopelessly ignorant of how to use a computer to download photos.......:-( Anyway, get one and you'll be delighted with it. Bruce

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE