Wandering on The Whangie!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
The locals will know what I'm on about!

Took the dog and the missus to The Whangie yesterday. Foggy at the road but, about 50m higher, clear sky! A corking inversion!

West End of The Campsies

35c07br.jpg

Ben Lomond (tallest peak)

r1movo.jpg

Also, did Aonach Eagach Ridge Traverse last weekend - this is the view looking back along the ridge to Am Bodach. We had a bit of an epic but, that's a story for another day ...

2clbtj.jpg

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I see you've settled in well then ? :D

Lovely photos :cool: Thanks for sharing.

Now, about that epic................

cheers,
M

Yeah, settling in nicely. When does the sun come out again? March? :D

Mmmmm, the epic ... close - and unnecessary - encounter with a Mountain Rescue Team ... :(

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, maybe :rolleyes:

Usually very early February, around Imbolc, is the start of the brightening. We do get late, late Summer nights though :D

Sounds not funny on the Aonach :confused:
So long as everyone's fine though.

cheers.
M

Mikey, the Whangie...great place but very busy. The kilpatricks are my stomping ground these days...:) A beautiful we lump of high moor and bumps . Walk half a mile in any direction except East from the whangie and you'll find some the of the wildest land close to weegieland. Awesome place to explore. Folow some of those wee burns down from the Whangie and you'll get some very pleasant surprises ;)

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
crackin pic of the Aonach Eagach mate , i've did it a few times my self ... winter and summer , EPIC ! EAH
what happened ' i remember a few epic's myself ... gets the old adrenlin pumpin ...

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Nice pictures. :)

Gill and I were down in that soup somewhere. Visibility was about 50m on sunday morning - I had to take a compass out when I went fishing in case I lost the island.:rolleyes:

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah, everyone OK. Top Tip: do not travel as a rope of 3 unless you are really good! Too much faffing and not enough daylight = uncomfortable night in bothy bag.

Whangie's great for quick access to countryside when missus and dog have cabin fever. Neither of them are that adventurous so that area's perfect.

Personally, I prefer a bit more excitement ...!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE