wall tent stove for tapp varrie 7

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
No Problem i am going to email the company on monday, i weighed my chimney and it comes in at just over 500 grams so it is looking like it will make at the most 3 chimneys but this of course depends on the lengths needed. Which would make it £50 a chimney which isnt bad or £58.75 if the VAT hasnt been added to the price.

Michael

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
A project that hopefully will get of the ground this winter is a conversion of a propane (empty) tank, 30lbs into a prospector tent stove. It will have a flat top extending back about 2/3rds of the way, and adjustable pipe legs and a flat loading door with adjustable vents. A collar will be welded at the top back to install a collapsable chiminey. A dedicated pack frame will be made to portage the unit and chiminey when we trek.

aquanaut

Apr 19, 2005
Hebrides
Gill did you ever get any further with tracking down a titanium stove for your kata? I am also in the market for one....

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
gill said:
lads i am frustrated after trying several companies in the states to purchase one of the titanium stove kits ,i have emailed them several times but nothing back ,the only one that did email was after $200 something to deliver ,this is lightweight titanium as well ?.i was hoping to get one of these stoves for winter coming this was part of the reason to buy a tapp varrie 7.does any of you good lads have any suggestions,or links or even better does anyone have one to sell in the uk.any help on this one would be appreciated.cheers

Are you looking for a four dog stove?

http://www.fourdog.com/page3.html

PG

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
aquanaut said:
thats the one I want anyway - the ultralight 2, they seem cheaper at http://www.tentsmiths.com/period-tents-traditional-tipis.html, have sent them an e-mail and hopefully they'll respond... did you try them gill?

I have the eight pound model. I purchased it several years ago through Duluth Pack. It was slightly more expensive than through Four Dog, but I could pick it up, and saved about $20 overall, on shipping.

It is a very good stove, light to haul, and I've been very satisfied with it. Only down side is - unlike a steel stove - it does not retain any heat after the fire is out. This can be an advantage if you are ready to pack up right after breakfast.

I just checked the Tentsmith site you have posted. They do not seem to have a listing for the eight pound titanium stove under their Four Dog stoves.

PG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE