Vintage Patrol Tent (Canvas)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Hi All

Selling this vintage Patrol Tent.
I used this tent last winter in the back garden for star gazing and also storing wooden logs, and it worked wonders.

It stood all the strong winds and rain from last summer to this spring, but 2 - 3 side guy ropes are almost perished after that.
It will also need stitching up for a torn guy rope hole. It comes with wooden poles and frames. All the metal brackets for the poles / frames are fine.
One tall wooden pole may have to be cut into half for shipping, as it is not coming out from the metal bracket. and it is far too long for shipping.

The Tent can be just cut for canvas tarp project, as the canvas is heavy duty.

This tent is from 1970s, so it is about 40 years old. It is a real vintage. Selling it for project or restoration.

I can post to only Main Land UK address where Hermes or Yodel can deliver. SOLD

Last edited:

twyforge

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Winchester
If you still have trouble getting the pole into two pieces, heat up the metal bracket as much as you can without burning the wood, and it should come out :)

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Whats size of these?

The tent is packed and put away in the garage, so cannot get exact measurement just now. I think it is suitable for 3 people sleeping. Quite roomy.
The photo above is just half set up, the left side guy ropes were not stretched at the time due to lack of space in the corner of the garden.
I have been using it like that, because it was still plenty space for my own use - keeping telescopes in there at night, and storing the logs for wood burning stove.

Last edited:

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Thank you for your buying singe1986. PM your way.

This item is now SOLD to singe1986. Thank you.

Last edited:

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
The 2 poles were secured into the centre bracket making long centre pole by 2x nails by previous owner, which was invisible due to rust on them.
I was able to take the nails out by a pincer, and the poles are now released from the bracket no problem. :)
These should fit into a box of about 1m long. I have also found the original metal pegs although they are rusty very strong pegs for the tent, which will be sent together.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE