vintage hiking gear?

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey does anybody have any good links to places that sell vintage hiking gear? i dont mean army surplus. i mean oldschool canvas and leather packs etc

im aware of companies like frost river and filsons and have trawled through ebay/gumtree/etsy.

just have a love for old hiking equipment and always hear people talking about the framed canvas packs etc they had years ago but iv seen very little of any

thanks
Hamish

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
These packs all look great, I'm old enough to have used some of them when they were new! lol, sadly a lot of them just don't compare in many ways to modern well designed packs in terms of weight or comfort. Think twice about using one on your extended trip to Norway dread.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Have you thought about buying a cheap old pack with decent straps and frame and then making your own theres usualy bits of cheap canvas on ebay and your good with leather so you could put some nice straps and trims etc on there too. Im sure most of it could be internaly stitched by hand too. Its something iv been meaning to get around too but i love my duluth too much. Cheers ash

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Good plan mate or if you have a pack style size in mind or a specific model you could put up a thread asking for measurments.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
yeah its a fine balance for me. just got a swedish LK70 so will see how that pans out

I've got the smaller one and so long as the frame 'fits' you you'll find yours a great pack. Mine suits me but is really uncomfortable for my little 6' 3" baby boy. If you get the opportunity, try an Alice pack too, the medium may suit you gals needs on the trip.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
yeah nice one. it will be a while until im able to go out and try the pack out so will be stuck at the planning stage for quite a while to see how it pans out. but im pretty confident ill like the pack once iv modified it a little

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE