VERY light weight aluminium Tea Kettle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hello!

In my current “Redundant” state, I’m continuing to try to get you good people to pay for my Christmas!

For sale, a VERY light weight aluminium Tea Kettle. Weighing in at 136g I doubt you could make one lighter, but it has no maker’s mark on it. It’s just a tea kettle with a removable leaf “strainer” I can’t think of anything else to say!

I’m asking £7 plus postage, which I’m estimating at £5, by bank transfer, cheque, postal order or shiny magic beans, but not PayPal as I’m not paying for the honour!

Thanks for looking

AJB

PS, check out my 2 x BCB Crusader Cooking System and Primus No 96 – they’re a bargain ;)

IMG_1239.jpg
IMG_1241.jpgIMG_1242.jpgIMG_1240.jpg

Last edited:

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hello,

It's 15cm in diameter, 8cm in height (with the handle folded down) and maximum volume of just over a pint.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
ITEM WITHDRAWN

REASON: Apologies, I’ve been off the site for a couple of days, only picking up messages late last night. Where upon I found a message telling me the background of this item, an item that was passed to me without any information of its origin.

Apparently this is a Tesco, own brand, camping kettle and retails at only £3! How on earth they can make it for that defeats me. I hope anyone who knows me, will know that, if I had known and certainly now, after finding out, I would not aim to exploit anyone who, like me, was not aware of this item’s provenance. Further more, I hope that those people who have recently bought things from me feel they have been treated openly and fairly.

However, to those “members” who have been contacting people interested in buying, to warn them off my sales, first of all I thank you for guarding my reputation, I would not want to be seen as someone who would be out to make a fast buck, secondly, I hope, should you find yourself redundant at Christmas and unable to buy those you love presents, that someone goes out of their way to try to shaft you too. If you’d like to suggest which one of my family I won’t be spending this money on, I shall of course take it under advisement.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
I dont know if you can buy that from Tesco today but with full disclosure from you, I dont see why you cant ask any price you like. Someone might still be happy to pay it too :).

and a Merry Christmas to all of us...

fredster

Forager
Oct 16, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
I've been hunting around for a certain size kettle for a while now (which is why I asked for dimensions) and, as a result, as something of a kettle aficionado I am pretty sure you would not find that kettle for £3. Maybe in a sale or clearance deal etc. Your price of £7 plus post is a fair one to be sure. There will always be dickheads on any forum, just ignore them.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I dont know if you can buy that from Tesco today but with full disclosure from you, I dont see why you cant ask any price you like. Someone might still be happy to pay it too :).

and a Merry Christmas to all of us...

+1 It is worth whatever anyone wants to pay you. In the past I have happily paid more than the original price for something that is just what I want. Your honesty is refreshing. Don't feel embarassed.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
There are a small minority of small minded and vicious individuals anywhere AJB - its a shame they had to attack you - but their actions reflect on them and not on you

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thank you sir, it's been a very long time since we spoke (if you remember, you're much more active on the site than I am these days, and no doubt speak to many more people than I do), I hope you're well. Yes, the values and skin thickness of many users can be judged by their actions, and posts!

It's difficult to walk through life without stepping in a few people you'd rather not!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE